Regional Sales Manager, Strategic - Observability (SoCal
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Regional Sales Manager, Strategic - Observability (SoCal) Join
us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data
accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company
filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to
deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're
committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly
to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how
you can become a part of our journey. This position is responsible
for selling Splunk's new Observability software products for
monitoring and observability (including SignalFx and VictorOps).
SignalFx is the only real-time cloud monitoring platform for
infrastructure, microservices, and applications, and is built on a
massively scalable streaming architecture. We apply advanced
analytics and data-science-directed troubleshooting to let
operators find the root cause of issues in seconds. VictorOps is
incident management software purpose-built for DevOps. By
centralizing information and offering high-powered integrations,
VictorOps makes on-call suck less by empowering devops teams to
collaborate and reduce mean time to acknowledge/repair. When
monitoring tools (like Splunk) create alerts, VictorOps makes sure
they get to the right people at the right time so problems can be
solved faster. We're making a difference in the modern application
development space, and we're looking for energetic, talented
professionals to grow our team. If you want to work for a
game-changing company, we definitely want to talk to you.-- This is
a quota carrying, external field position. Ability to articulate
complex solutions, build and maintain executive level
relationships, and navigate across customer organizations /
business units is required. Responsibilities
- Land, adopt, expand, and deepen sales opportunities.
- Explore the full spectrum of relationships and business
possibilities across the client's entire org chart.
- Expand relationships and orchestrate complex deals across more
diverse business stake-holders.
- Holistically embrace, access, and utilize the channel to
identify and open new, unchartered opportunities.
- Work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of
resources. Provide timely and insightful input back to other
- Responsible for forecasting, keeps management informed in a
timely fashion, gathers intelligence on competitor activity, and
gives feedback to marketing.
- Tracks customer activity in internal systems in order to
execute sales strategy and identify additional opportunities.
- May provide customer demos and/or product training as
- Accountable for individual expense budget management.
- You will have 5-10+ years of direct sales experience selling
enterprise software to mid-size to large enterprises (required),
start-up experience welcomed!
- You have previous experience utilizing partners, channels and
alliances to sell more successfully and overachieve your
- You have sold a similar complex solution software and have
experience in any of the following IT systems, enterprise or
infrastructure management, application development and management,
security, business applications and/or analytics.
- You have a measurable track record in new business development
and over achieving sales targets
- Experience in selling complex enterprise software solutions and
ability to adapt in fast-growing and changing environments
- Experience in successfully selling during market creation
- Proven track record of successfully closing six and seven
figure software licensing deals with prospects and customers in the
- Experience in the "C" suite, strong executive presence and
polish, and excellent listening skills.
- Experience with target account selling, solution selling,
and/or consultative sales techniques; knowledge of MEDDIC and
Challenger methodologies is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree; MBA a plus or equivalent experience
- Modern application architecture (micro-services) understanding
What We Offer You:
- An opportunity to drive significant shareholder, customer and
- A fast-growing and rapidly changing business and market where
you will be challenged and grow.
- Hardworking and dedicated peers across all GTM and Corporate
- Do you want to make an impact? The work you'll do will directly
impact our future and how we are viewed in the market and by our
- Personal and Professional Growth. We believe in growing our
leaders through ownership, new experiences, and formal and informal
- An open, supportive and collaborative work environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics
in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job
positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required,
we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest
and conviction records.-- Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use
market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve
their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without
regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex,
gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation,
marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical
condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational
qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other
consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click
here to review the US Department of Labor's EEO is The Law notice.
Please click here to review Splunk's Affirmative Action Policy
Splunk also has policies in place to protect the personal
information candidates disclose to us as part of the application
process. Please click here to review Splunk's Career Site Privacy
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants
because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own
pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here
to review Splunk's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where
required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with
arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who
are seeking information from our website. Any individual using
assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader,
etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part
of Splunk's website should send comments to
firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include the nature of the
accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the
accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message
should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees
to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed
agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here . You have been redirected
to a Splunk job page
Keywords: Splunk, Irvine , Regional Sales Manager, Strategic - Observability (SoCal, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!