Company: Hirose Electric USA
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Account Manager -Mid Level POSITION SUMMARY Reporting into the
Regional Sales Manager, this position is primarily responsible for
managing the sales activities within the specified business segment
to increase sales and implement strategic corporate directives.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIESCore duties and responsibilities include
the following. Other duties may be assigned.Sales
- Identify and build relationships with targeted list of
- Develop strategies and direct sales activities towards selected
- Create and deliver customized product presentations in 2K and
3D modeling if applicable.
- Direct selling strategy on key opportunities, including
pricing, service, investment, risk, scheduling and technical
promotion issues to achieve successful design wins.
- Provide support to customers throughout build-out process,
keeping customers informed of progress, seeking feedback.
- Monitor production of products and identify growth and future
needs of customers.
- Meet established sales account goals within the assigned
- Comply with established Hirose sales policies, pricing
guidelines and best practices.
- Develop and implement a strategic account plan to maximize HRS
revenue and profitability, account penetration and Customer
- Manage all aspects of the Account and position HRS as a Key
supplier for current and future development / business
- Ensure sales pipeline is growing and converting "C" projects to
- Develop where applicable, a Global Account strategy, overseeing
and maintaining the "big picture", while leading the Sales Team in
understanding and executing the Global strategy.
- Lead and work closely with a Customer focus team (i.e.,
Regional Sales Engineer/FAE, Quality Engineer and Customer Service
- Able to mentor, train and provide direction to new Account
- Establish Executive level Customer relationships.
- Help guide Engineering, Product Management and Marketing to
identify and capture new product direction and new business/project
- Sell the value propositions of HRS's products/solutions.
- Regular interaction with HRS Senior Management, Engineering and
Quality personnel across all key locations to assess current
performance and reputation of HRS, identifying areas of opportunity
- Responsible for posting all Key Performance Indicator (KPI)
metrics and achieving KPI targets. Product Development
- Identify, evaluate, and coordinate the development of potential
product lines with key accounts and future customers.
- Implement New Product Introduction (NPI's) plans agreed to with
Marketing to include target account identification, promotion
schedule, samples and pricing while providing direct feedback to
- Monitor with the design process in order to meet commitment
targets with customers.
- Continually monitor trends in customer industry to anticipate
needs and present Hirose as the leader in the connector
- Interface with industry groups and standards committees, as
necessary. Leadership and Teamwork
- Continual demonstrates Hirose's philosophy of "connecting
wisdom" and "always taking the lead, pursuing the cutting edge,
achieving differentiation, and being the first to obtain consumer's
- Work with Accounts Receivable to ensure accounts are set-up for
- Build close relationships with Hirose Japan personnel; assist
with periodic customer visits by Japanese engineers and other
- Create a collaborative team environment within the HRS support
- Complete tasks per ISO9 requirements, when applicable.
- Prepare and submit sales activity reports on a timely basis
including the rolling 12-month sales forecast for domestic and
international, Manager's report, Regional Program Updates(RPU's),
Distributor Quarterly Business Reports (QBR's), Private Show
updates and information pertaining to the development of Hirose's
CRM data base.
- Complete all required reports, presentations in a timely
fashion. SUPERVISIONNone. SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS/A degree in Business or Technical field required.
- Five + years sales experience.
- Five + years sales experience in the electronic component
- Must possess the technical knowledge to be able to fully
comprehend the customer's requirements and provide the appropriate
HRS product solution.
- Excellent analytical and problem- solving skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Organizational skills must be above average. Ability to manage
multiple assignments while meeting deadlines and quality
- Possess excellent communication skills (oral and written) in
order to work with both external and internal customers. Able to
clearly and concisely communicate across different cultures.
- Excellent presentation skills including creating PowerPoint
- Ability to resolve issues and escalate in a timely fashion and
to the customer's needs.
- Computer literate and proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Self-motivated & positive attitude with great energy.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of time to the multiple
customer's R&D locations. PHYSICAL CONDITIONS Must be able to
negotiate the territory assigned either by driving or using
available transportation on an on-going basis, which may require
long distance traveling. PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to
sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with
hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee will also need to travel to customer sites,
tradeshows, and company events. The employee must occasionally lift
and/or move up to 40 pounds. WORK ENVIRONMENTThe work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
When not conducting business outside the office, the employee is
expected to adhere to normal business hours at report of duty at
the HRSUSA assigned office. While performing the duties of this
job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather
conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate. Hirose Electric USA, Inc. may need to revise or change
the essential and supplemental responsibilities of the position as
the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written
or implied contract of employment.
Keywords: Hirose Electric USA, Irvine , Account Manager, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!