* Plan and direct advertising policies and programs or produce
collateral materials, such as posters, contests, coupons, or
give-aways, to create extra interest in the purchase of a product
or service for a department, an entire organization, or on an
* Prepare budgets and submit estimates for program costs as part of
campaign plan development.
* Plan and prepare advertising and promotional material to increase
sales of products or services, working with customers, company
officials, sales departments and advertising agencies.
* Assist with annual budget development.
* Inspect layouts and advertising copy and edit scripts, audio and
video tapes, and other promotional material for adherence to
* Coordinate activities of departments, such as sales, graphic
arts, media, finance, and research.
* Prepare and negotiate advertising and sales contracts.
* Identify and develop contacts for promotional campaigns and
industry programs that meet identified buyer targets such as
dealers, distributors, or consumers.
* Gather and organize information to plan advertising
* Confer with department heads or staff to discuss topics such as
contracts, selection of advertising media, or product to be
* Confer with clients to provide marketing or technical advice.
* Monitor and analyze sales promotion results to determine cost
effectiveness of promotion campaigns.
* Read trade journals and professional literature to stay informed
on trends, innovations, and changes that affect media planning.
* Formulate plans to extend business with established accounts and
to transact business as agent for advertising accounts.
* Provide presentation and product demonstration support during the
introduction of new products and services to field staff and
* Direct, motivate, and monitor the mobilization of a campaign team
to advance campaign goals.
* Plan and execute advertising policies and strategies for
* Track program budgets and expenses and campaign response rates to
evaluate each campaign based on program objectives and industry
* Assemble and communicate with a strong, diverse coalition of
organizations or public figures, securing their cooperation,
support and action, to further campaign goals.
* Train and direct workers engaged in developing and producing
* Coordinate with the media to disseminate advertising.
* Contact organizations to explain services and facilities
* Direct and coordinate product research and development.
* Represent company at trade association meetings to promote
* Consult publications to learn about conventions and social
functions and to organize prospect files for promotional