Accounts Payable Manager
Company: Avanath Capital Management
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Avanath is proud to be named one of top property management
companies to provide affordable housing for the work force.
Cultivating the American Dream--is the purpose that binds the
Avanath team. At Avanath, every day is an opportunity to make a
difference in someone's life. Whether it is helping residents call
one of our communities home, providing excellence in customer
service, or championing our workforce, we are committed to creating
an unforgettable experience as a great place to live, work and be.
Overview This role provides strong leadership to our accounts
payable department, responsible for maintaining accurate records
and optimizing department processes to ensure the financial
strength of the organization, through accurate and timely
reporting, advising on business decisions, and ensuring payments to
all parties arrive timely. The incumbent will report directly to
the Director of Accounting. Job Type: Full Time Experience: 5 Years
Responsibilities You Have the Attitude, Aptitude and Ambition (A+
- Adept Leadership Principles
- Incredible Customer Service Skills
- Proactive Problem-Solving Practices (3Ps)
- Follow-up and Follow Through
- By understanding what is important to operations, you
continuously reach out with tailored updates to executive team and
departments, investment partners, and vendors.
- A Genuine Desire to Support Both Residents and Colleagues
- There is no "I" in team for you. You understand that your
participation and support are integral to the success of Avanath,
and ensuring that each resident feel seen, heard and understood.
- Ensure that Invoices and payments are processed in accordance
with terms, with a high degree of accuracy and timeliness.
- Review coding and subsidiary allocations for accounts payable
Invoices, credit card expenses, ad petty cash posted to General
- Research, resolve, and communicate Invoicing Issues,
discrepancies, or outstanding balances on vendor account
accordingly. Reconcile monthly vendor statements.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad-hoc forecasting
- Assemble Information for external auditors for the annual audit
and quarterly reviews.
- Staff Leadership
- Set objectives for the accounts payable team that aligns with
the accounting department's goals.
- Assist In development and Implementation of continuous
Improvements strategies with AP.
- Support AP team daily and train & development of new team
- Ensure all team members follow the accounting principles.
- Community Relations + Customer Service
- Positive interaction and communication with communities
regarding operational concerns, listing preparation and other tasks
associated with acquiring related subjects.
- Assist the team in creating and implementing systems that
provides necessary services to property management, community
personnel, or investor partners.
- Adherence to PM Rules, Regulations and Guidelines
- Respond to any potential housing violations and liability
concerns regarding the property in a prompt, transparent and
effective manner. Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- The incumbent in this is classified as essential staff and is
expected to report to work and adhere to all safety and business
protocols established during the pandemic. Please be further
advised that Avanath does require temperature and symptom
monitoring to assist the teams in minimizing risk of exposure.
- Frequent sitting
- Repetitive use of computer, keyboard, mouse, and phone
- Reading, comprehending, writing, performing calculations,
communicating verbally. Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 5 years of experience in extensive knowledge about accounts
payable procedures, as well as experience In accounting and
- 3 years of supervisory experience
- Must be experienced in and able to demonstrate proficiency with
computerized accounts payable software applications.
- Must possess intermediate skill level of the Microsoft Office
Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Yardi, Internet and email
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as strong verbal and
written communication skills required.
- Ability to interact effectively with senior executives,
business vendors, community associates and investor contacts as
- Ability to work well under time and other constraints. How
Avanath Supports You We know that our teams are the heart of our
success and growth, and we are committed to showing our
- Culture Built on Purpose and Core Values ---A Commitment to
Integrity,--A Spirit of Caring, and--A Focus on Continuous
- Comprehensive Benefits - health, dental & vision, 401(k),
personal time off, paid holidays and more!
- Growth that is based on achievement and an emphasis on
promoting from within our ranks versus just external
- Development - a commitment to creating opportunities to learn
and expand your knowledge in the industry from online training
platforms to training classes to one-on-one coaching Diversity &
Inclusion Avanath Capital is committed to fostering, cultivating
and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our
human capital is the most valuable asset we have, and Diversity,
equity, and inclusion ("DEI") are at the very core of Avanath's
operating and investment philosophy. We believe that bringing
together people with diverse thoughts, backgrounds, talents, and
experiences at all levels of our organization, including the
executive team, enables us to proactively and creatively achieve
our mission to enable opportunities for hard-working American
families. The collective sum of the individual differences, life
experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression,
unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their
work represents a significant part our culture, our reputation and
our achievements. We embrace and encourage our employees'
differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital
status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin,
physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion,
sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and
other characteristics that make our employees unique. Our
organization's diversity initiatives include-but are not limited
to-our practices and policies on recruitment and selection;
compensation and benefits; professional development and training;
promotions; transfers; and the ongoing development of a work
environment built on the premise of gender and diversity equity
that encourages and enforces:
- Respectful communication and cooperation between all
- Teamwork and employee participation, permitting the
representation of all groups and employee perspectives.
- Work/life balance through flexible work schedules to
accommodate employees' varying needs.
- Employer and employee contributions to the communities we serve
to promote a greater understanding and respect for the
Keywords: Avanath Capital Management, Irvine , Accounts Payable Manager, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!