Manager, Quality Engineering Laboratory
Company: ITT Inc.
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Position Summary & ResponsibilitiesITT has been in the
connectors business for over 100 years. We design and manufacture
highly engineered connectors and cable assemblies for critical
applications in harsh environments. Our products are used in
Aerospace and Defense (A&D), Transportation and Industrial
(T&E) and Oil and Gas (O&G) industries. Our product
portfolio is marketed under Cannon, Veam and BIW brands and
includes high performance, military-specification, and commercial
connectors. The ITT brand is known for highly engineered solutions
to meet the performance requirements that our customers need.
The QE Manager has managerial oversight of the site Quality
Assurance organization and the Quality Engineering Lab within the
Global R&D function. The--Quality Assurance responsibilities
for a manufacturing plant in the aerospace and defense industry
include developing, implementing, maintaining a robust quality
system and measuring its effectiveness to assure that the products
and processes meet internal quality standards and requirements
established by and/or applicable regulations.
Quality Engineering Lab provides Quality Engineering support to the
Connectors' business-specifically, to provide product qualification
testing and failure analysis services, and technical consultation
on material selection, materials processing and materials
- Manage a highly focused site quality organization, aligned with
overall global quality expectations.
- Develops quality management strategy & continuous improvement
program for the site.
- Ensures the products & services provided to customers meet
customer requirements and regulatory standards at both the
production & product evaluation level.
- Ensures the compliance to Quality objectives (quality costs,
product defects, customers satisfaction, etc) and the effectiveness
of corrective measures.
- Coordinates the fulfillment of the Inspection Procedures (Raw
Material and/or Processes & Final Product) to ensure the Quality
Requirements are achieved and maintained.
- Develops and analyzes Process Performance by comparing
Statistical Data & Acceptance Criteria seeking more Efficient Costs
& Cycle Times, guaranteeing Product Quality & Reliability.---
- Keeps abreast of new developments in Techniques, Systems, Test
Equipment & Quality criteria, adapting them to the organization and
supervising their implementation.
- Participate in the planning, development and transfer of new
products or changes in parts, materials or processes.
- Supports the management of business quality systems and
applicable certification systems (ISO, MIL, AS, etc) including the
development, maintenance & updating of documentation, processes and
- Supervises the calibration system for test and measurement
- Represent the company before regulatory agencies and/or
certification agencies and professional organizations such as
- Manages and participates in failure analysis, complaints,
resolution & information request from customers.
- Supports Continuous Improvement Programs, Lean Manufacturing,
Six Sigma, etc.
- Maintain close coordination with other areas (i.e. Purchasing,
Materials, Engineering, etc.) to ensure key business development
objectives are achieved.
- Managerial oversight of a talented quality engineering
laboratory organization, aligned with overall global engineering
- Manage day-to-day activities of the QE Lab, including
budgeting, goal setting and work-scope scheduling.
- Provide support to Design Engineering and
- Perform technical analysis and develop reports as
required.--Ensure accuracy and timeliness of reporting to internal
and external customers.
- Developing and maintaining test schedules are maintained and
taking appropriate actions as necessary.
- Establish and execute strategic plans to support growth
objectives as required.
- Ensure quick decision/execution of "Make-Buy" decisions for
testing and failure analysis services, including management of
- Common objectives between organizations include:
- Manage day-to-day activities of the applicable organization,
including budgeting, goal setting and work-scope scheduling.
- Prepares and manages the objectives of the departments, as well
as validates and authorizes Standard Operating Procedures
- Develop, groom, train and manage talent by providing coaching
and mentoring to build strong performing teams
- Works effectively in a highly cross-functional environment,
balancing multiple goals and priorities.
- Collaborate with other ITT businesses and industry groups in
leveraging resources, lessons learned and establishing Quality and
R&D/Technology development Plans
- Other management assignments in engineering and quality
organizations.Safety is a core value at ITT. Our employees
understand and follow all ITT safety policies and procedures,
participate in workplace inspections, safety training, and in the
development of job safety analyses.
This position requires visibility to export controlled documents
and information. Position Requirements
- US Person (US citizen or Green Card holder) as defined in 22
- BS degree in a technical field
- Strong managerial, communication and reporting skills
- Overall technical experience in manufacturing processes and
materials used in the connector industry.
- 3-5 years of direct experience in a manufacturing Quality or
Evaluation Laboratory organization
- 5 years of management experience leading highly focused
technical organizationsPreferred/Additional Expectations
- Connector manufacturing and/or testing preferred
- Previous product evaluation lab experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience
in MS Project a plus
- Lean Six Sigma certification
- Familiarity with military, industry and aerospace standards
such as Mil-STD-790, AS9100, ISO9001 and ISO17025
- Experience with DLA or other Qualifying Activities as it
relates to Mil qualified products
- Ability to become successful in a highly matrixed organization:
influencing individuals with no direct control to achieve
- Fostering Teamwork and Diversity: successfully soliciting all
facts and opinions from team members and creating a constructive
and open environment for sharing data. Making decisions and
communicating to team members why certain facts or opinions
prevailed over others.Span of Control: 10 - 12 engineers and
-- Country United States Work Location CA, Irvine Company BS/BA
Degree or Equivalent Percent of Travel Required Less than 25% Paid
Relocation Available? No EEO Statement: "ITT Inc. is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other
characteristic protected by law."
Keywords: ITT Inc., Irvine , Manager, Quality Engineering Laboratory, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!