Company: Graphic Packaging
Posted on: October 13, 2020
Summary: Under the direction and guidance of the Plant Manager, the
Finishing Manager will direct and manage the daily Department
operation ensuring leadership.
* Use Lean Daily Management to improve operational effectiveness in
the areas of safety, quality, productivity, and culture
* Using Lean manufacturing concepts streamline processes and
* Responsible for all hourly Finishing Department employees.
Responsibilities include planning, assigning and directing work,
appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees,
addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Oversees the daily operation of Gluers and ensures that
production efficiencies and overall productivity meets or exceeds
established standards. Responsible for solving production
* Responsible for raw material purchases for the Finishing
* Has overall responsibility for maintenance of equipment and
coordinates maintenance requirements to minimize operational
* Assures the department maintains quality standards and
coordinates with the CI Department to ensure adherence to customer
* Works to maintain a safe work environment and develops and
implements safety procedures to aid in achieving departmental
* Directly involved in responsibilities /actions related to
Prerequisite and Food Safety Programs.
* Responsible for production scheduling and planning of product to
be produced in Finishing. Strives to achieve minimum waste of
product to meet profit goals.
* Participate in SQF Root Cause and Corrective Actions (from
customer complaints, SQF audits, validation, and verification
activities) as required.
* Follow all procedures related to producing Safe Quality Foods
* Report any potentially unsafe SQF conditions or customer
complaints to a person of authority to record and/or correct the
* Performs all other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree in related field.
* 3 - 5 years of supervisor experience in manufacturing required.
Preferably in the Folding Carton Industry.
* Demonstrated supervisory and project management skills.
* Lean Manufacturing / Six Sigma continuing education
* Technical and problem solving skills.
* Must be a leader with exceptional communication skills, good
organization, and the ability to motivate people to perform at high
* Must be quality conscious and customer oriented
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box
you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the
microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held
your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of
craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest
manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of
the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice,
household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in
Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative,
passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer
packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in
North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to
be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the
communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace
diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are
among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make
our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd
love to hear from you. Learn more about us at
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates
will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job
in question. We do not base our employment decision on an
employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex
(including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status,
sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic
information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis
prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the
EEO is the Law Poster.
Keywords: Graphic Packaging, Irvine , Finishing Manager, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!