Senior Global Product Manager
Company: Endologix, Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2020
SENIOR GLOBAL PRODUCT MANAGER
Endologix develops and manufactures the latest innovations in
endovascular aneurysm repair and sealing. We are a fast-moving,
high energy organization. Employees are offered development
opportunities and new responsibilities that might have taken them
significantly more time in other organizations. Our commitment is
to promise the development and refinement of skills while providing
competitive compensation and benefits.
Responsible for all marketing activities. Develops marketing plans,
strategies and tactics; then leads the implementation and
follow-up. Has strong collaboration and leadership skills to
effectively work with global sales and marketing counterparts. Will
hold a Strategic Downstream and Upstream Marketing position which
is critical to the success of the organization. The key
responsibilities include early stage global and brand management
for assigned products and the development of new products within
the area of focus. Successful people in this role take a strong
interest in their assigned products and work autonomously, becoming
true subject matter experts and leaders within Endologix. This
person will develop excellent, in-depth knowledge of the company
products, customers and programs and achieve an appropriate level
of clinical knowledge to be viewed as a resource by our customers,
sales team, and internal employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential job task satisfactorily. The tasks listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
* Develops and communicates sales and marketing plans for
identified products/programs and drives supporting tactical
* Conducts market research as necessary to gather design input,
market trends, competitive activity, customer perspectives,
* Works with sales leadership to understand needs and develop
creative programs and initiatives to achieve defined
* Develops and manages marketing budgets within overall operating
* Gathers, analyzes and prepares information about the market(s),
growth rates, pricing, competitors, reimbursement, emerging
* Establishes and maintains relationships with Key Opinion
* Works with global marketing partners for the development,
training and distribution of all marketing materials, sales aids,
advertisements, reimbursement guides, etc. to support the core
* Follows Corporate and Regulatory guidelines regarding the
approval of Marketing Materials (MM s) using the MasterControl
* Works with global marketing partners to prepare and execute
detailed new product launch plans, which include positioning,
clinical data, selling tactics, forecasting, pricing,
reimbursement, promotional programs, press releases, sales
training, physician training, etc.
* Works with Global Medical Affairs and Clinical Affairs to
interpret and translate scientific clinical data into commercial
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
* Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
* Excellent presentation, organizational and interpersonal skills
required. Customer service orientation required.
* Extensive knowledge of medical device industry and company
* Ability to prepare and deliver presentations to the management
team and board of directors
* Good clinical acumen and ability conduct tabletop demonstrations
and articulate technical attributes
* Experienced negotiator and ability to prepare, edit and execute
necessary contracts and documents
* Partner with business development, R&D, finance, downstream
marketing and other cross-functional teams to execute the projects
to the timelines, cost assumptions, and revenue expectations
outlined in the business plan
* Monitor business development opportunities for future strategic
* Evaluate and prioritize opportunities for indication expansion of
existing products and prioritize based on NPV
* Understand strategic and financial implications of project(s) /
product(s) on the overall budget.
* Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of customer needs and
industry dynamics to assigned product(s) / project(s).
* Participate on cross-functional teams in support of
* Accountability: Position is responsible to manage single project
or participates on portions of multiple projects; understands
concepts and applies these concepts practically with reasonable
effectiveness; may function independently according to the task but
is still given significant direction.
* Performs global product, strategic initiative and/or business
model innovation management activities
* Is viewed as the product expert to ensure knowledge is
effectively transferred from R&D to commercial
* Works in coordination with global supply chain and commercial
groups to lead business planning and forecasting of assigned
* Develops close KOLs relationships globally to drive global launch
and evidence generation strategies for assigned product lines.
* Collaborates in the annual product pipeline portfolio review.
* Primary responsibility is to be the marketing representative and
voice of the customer with early product development with core
R&D; and to understand relative priorities for the development
of new products and product enhancements by defining customer needs
and working with internal customers.
* Conduct market research and collect voice of customer data to
guide the strategic direction of the business
* Prepare and develop strong clinical claims matrix that will drive
demand generation and adoption for product managed
* Partner in the development of the strategic plan
* Identify and create opportunity assessments including in-depth
analysis, financial modeling, and strategic prioritization for new
pipeline projects in alignment with strategic plan
* Prepare business plan presentations with recommendations to
* Minimum BS degree, MBA preferred
* Minimum 5+ years of medical device marketing experience or
product development required. (Masters may substitute for one year
of experience, PhD or MD may substitute for two years of
* Peripheral vascular or cardiovascular device experience
* Prior clinical experience in OR or cath lab desirable.
Endologix, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including
sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin,
disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Endologix, Inc., Irvine , Senior Global Product Manager, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!