Home Loans Agency Operations Manager - Vice President
Company: Union Bank
Posted on: December 4, 2019
Are you passionate about creating an exceptional
clientexperience??Discoveryour opportunity with Union Bank, a
division of the Mitsubishi UFJ FinancialGroup (MUFG), the 5th
largest financial group in the world. At Union Bank, wecare about
the details that matter most to our clients. We have our
clients?best interest in mind, drawing on more than 150 years of
experience tounderstand their distinct needs and tailor our
solutions. We?re part of 150,000colleagues around the globe
striving to be the world?s most trusted financialgroup. Trust
starts with a culture of putting people first and empowering youto
achieve your potential. Join Union Bank, where being inspired is
expectedand creating results is rewarded.?Job Summary: ?Reporting
to theDirector, Mortgage and Home Equity Product, this position is
responsible formanaging small and large initiatives, programs or
projects from inception toimplementation in support of Retail?s
agency and government lending programs.Position will provide direct
analysis, program, product and project managementsupport to the
lines of business, focused on the growth of our agency, FHA andVA
mortgage products. Provide program advisory and support services to
oursales team and managers, specifically in our held for sales
(HFS) products andinsure collaboration across all other lines of
business where needed. ?Major Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading programs, consisting of multiple
projects, as needed, in support of strategic expansion of business
unit?s held for sale business. ?
- Will focus on areas and projects in support of increasing our
efficiencies around but not limited to: Residential Loan
Underwriting & Residential Loan Origination Research and
Interpretation assisting the loan officer/sales manager population
with locating, interpreting and applying policies and procedures
specifically our agency and government loan request(s); credit
analysis and interpretation review and analyze individual and joint
credit reports for potential private bank and private wealth
opportunities, review appraisal reports and property profiles to
determine collateral suitability for lending purposes.
- Update and education to the sales team on agency and government
best practices to insure an enhanced customer loan experience.
- Assist the sales team by identifying and selecting the
appropriate products for prospective clients based upon their needs
and qualifications, especially when unclear to new loan
- Apply coaching when appropriate and the best way to present the
programs to the clients and how to present quality packages to the
- Conduct training for New Hires or as needed to assist with
ongoing and dynamic held for sale policy, product and guideline
- Provide support to sales leaders when reviewing common
questions and issues identified while working through challenges in
- Serve as point of contact and liaison between the Home Loan
business unit and our GSE (FNMA, FHLMC) and government (FHA, VA)
- Provide updates on industry news, product & guideline changes
and partner with communications team to insure key parties are
- 10+ years of demonstrated mastery and direct work experience in
leading and project managing large, complex, and strategic
initiatives that cross company business lines.
- Program management experience, including management of multiple
projects, multiple program work streams, or multiple PMs in a
program office environment.
- Direct experience in business analysis, project leadership, and
- Demonstrated ability to lead large teams - through prior
management experience with 10+ direct reports and/or
project/program management experience.
- Understanding of project life cycles and project management
tools, and direct experience with project execution through the
complete life cycle. Merger and Acquisition integration experience,
or large project implementation planning and execution experience,
including development and leadership within a complex go-live
- In depth understanding of banking business, including customer
strategies, business practices, operations, technology and/or
support organizations.?Communications requirements:?
- Excellent verbal and written skillsAbility to communicate
complex issues and ideas with absolute precision andclarity
- Ability to communicate effectivelywithin all levels of the
organization and externally with vendors
- Ability to prepare and presentformal management
- Comfortable and confident with Sr.Management-level
- Ability to organize and conducteffective meetings appropriate
for the topic
- Ability to recognize and effectivelycommunicate a course of
action on difficult projects.
- Ability to provide help and guidanceto project team members on
matters of communication, including intervention orcorrective
action as needed.??Working Relationships- ?
- Excellent ability to work with all levels of the organization
and externally with vendors.
- Ability to work independently and with teams.
- Ability to develop effective interpersonal networks within the
- Ability to provide help and guidance to project team members on
all matters of project management.
- Ability to provide direct and open feedback on project/program
status, issues, risks or problems while maintaining positive
personal and business relationships.
- Effective management skills in a matrix environment where
project team members report to other organizations.
- Ability to proactively identify critical risks to project
success and facilitate the development of mitigation plans, often
while working through others Excellent personal time management
- Requires professional work that includes knowledge of general
management principles and practices and a good understanding, use,
and application of concepts, theories, principles, practices &
terminology relevant to required activities.
- Demonstrates ability to organize well-coordinated and organized
programs and/or projects.
- Prioritizes work, resolves routine conflicts and issues.?
- Delivers all work product with minimal errors and omissions
(e.g., grammar is correct and professional, formatting is clean,
key subjects are thought through and addressed appropriately,
etc.)??The above statements are intended to describethe general
nature and level of the work being performed. They are not
intendedto be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, andskills required of personnel so
classified.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative
Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diversebackgrounds,
perspectives, and experience of our workforce to
createopportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not
discriminate inemployment decisions on the basis of any protected
category.A conviction is not an absolute bar toemployment. Factors
such as the age of the offense, evidence of
rehabilitation,seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are
considered in all employmentdecisions. Additionally, it?s the
bank?s policy to only inquire into acandidate?s criminal history
after an offer has been made. Federal lawprohibits banks from
employing individuals who have been convicted of, orreceived a
pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Keywords: Union Bank, Irvine , Home Loans Agency Operations Manager - Vice President, Executive , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!