Project Engineer - Automation
Company: Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories
Posted on: September 14, 2019
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories is looking for a passionate
Project Engineer with a drive to flex their Automation skills with
software, integration and automation, industrial controls, PLCs,
industry protocols (IEC-61850, DNP, Modbus), Ethernet systems,
protocol analyzers, and industry SCADA practices. We want you to
use your professional skills in programming languages to provide
top-notch customer support, creating and maintaining our many
products! If you are interested in working for a company that
strives to live out our nine corporate values and ""do business
like our mothers would want us to,"" apply today!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Possesses, understands and applies the fundamental concepts,
practices and procedures of power system automation and related SEL
- Train and assist customers with the creation, design,
configuration, validation, installation, commissioning and
operation of automation and/or protection systems.
- Complete and implement assigned work within agreed upon scope,
schedule and budget to a high level of quality and safety.
- Participate in the preparation of functional design
- Prepare and maintain detailed design documents, reports,
checklists, test reports, and deliverables.
- Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and
World Class Manufacturing Principles.
- Understand. Create. Simplify.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or relevant discipline
- 2+ years relevant application experience with electric power
systems, industry practices, and automation practices and
- Good knowledge of electric power system protection and control,
integration and/or automation and communications applications
- Working knowledge of electric power system design, studies,
information and communication technology and protective relay
- Willing to travel both domestically and internationally a
minimum of 65% based on focus area
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
- Professional Engineer (PE) License
- Electrical utility, industrial plant, consulting engineering,
or system integrator experience
- Project engineering experience
- Working knowledge of Vision or other project management
Irvine, CA - This position is located in Irvine, CA, where you will
enjoy the perfect balance of city living and preserved natural
spaces. Located just forty miles from Los Angeles, adjacent to the
John Wayne/Orange County airport and only a short drive to the
beautiful Southern California beaches.?? You can enjoy a variety of
great shopping, entertainment, sports, and access to great schools
and universities. Irvine is known as the center of Orange County,
culturally diverse and has an enjoyable climate, making it the
perfect location to call home.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a
reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This
has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and
industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and
geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of
resume or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication,
please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not
blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your
receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position
updates via e-mail.??
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.??M/F/Vet/Disabled
SEL partners with customers around the world to ensure the safe,
reliable, and economical delivery of electric power. We design,
manufacture, and support a complete line of products and services
for the protection, monitoring, control, automation, and metering
of electric power systems. As an employee-owned company, SEL---s
core values drive the way we view our community, industry, company,
and environment. At SEL you will find challenging work,
state-of-the-art tools and technology, and excellent benefits. In
addition, you will work beside some of the brightest minds and
inventors in the industry.We strive to exceed customer expectations
in all aspects of our services. We define strategic objectives,
operational improvement plans, and individual process improvement
goals and action plans to serve as our road map for our journey of
continual improvement. If you are looking for an opportunity to
work in a diverse, exciting, rewarding, and challenging career,
your search ends here!
Keywords: Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Irvine , Project Engineer - Automation, Engineering , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!