Senior DevOps Engineer
Posted on: August 16, 2019
Who is Trace3?
Trace3 is a leading Transformative IT Authority, providing unique
technology solutions and consulting services to our clients.
Equipped with elite engineering and dynamic innovation, we empower
IT executives and their organizations to achieve competitive
advantage through a process of Integrate, Automate, Innovate.
Our culture at Trace3 embodies the spirit of a startup with the
advantage of a scalable business. Employees can grow their career
and have fun while doing it!
Trace3 is headquartered in Irvine, California. We employ more than
850 people all over the United States. Our major field office
locations include Atlanta, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Grand
Rapids, Lexington, Los Angeles, Louisville, San Diego, San
Francisco, and Scottsdale.
Ready to discover the possibilities that live in technology?
Come Join Us!
Street-Smart - Thriving in Dynamic Times
We are flexible and resilient in a fast-changing environment. We
continuously innovate and drive constructive change while keeping a
focus on the "big picture." We exercise sound business judgment in
making high-quality decisions in a timely and cost-effective
manner. We are highly creative and can dig deep within ourselves to
find positive solutions to different problems.
Juice - The "Stuff" it takes to be a Needle Mover
We get things done and drive results. We lead without a title,
empowering others through a can-do attitude. We look forward to the
goal, mentally mapping out every checkpoint on the pathway to
success, and visualizing what the final destination looks and feels
Teamwork - Humble, Hungry and Smart
We are humble individuals who understand how our job impacts the
company's mission. We treat others with respect, admit mistakes,
give credit where it's due and demonstrate transparency. We "bring
the weather" by exhibiting positive leadership and solution-focused
thinking. We hug people in their trials, struggles, and failures -
not just their success. We appreciate the individuality of the
people around us.
About the Role:
Trace3 is looking for talented engineers to join our growing
consulting practice. In this role, you will help our clients adopt
DevOps practices, embrace a DevOps mindset, and implement technical
solutions that drive towards rapid delivery of services and
products to customers. You will act as an expert and trusted
advisor within our clients' organizations, providing guidance on
modernizing and automating their infrastructure and
What You'll Do:
- Plan, design, and implement highly available, scalable, and
hardened Kubernetes deployments.
- Help our customers identify improvements within their CI/CD
process and implement them.
- Create and/or contribute to deliverables, technical and
non-technical, that are required to support DevOps
- Design, deploy, develop, and configure solutions for server,
network, application, and compliance automation.
- Perform DevOps-focused consulting to help our clients become
change agents within their organization.
Qualifications & Interests:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer
Science or equivalent experience.
- 3 years of experience with current operating system
administration (Examples: Windows, Linux, Ubuntu and
- 2 years of experience with Continuous Delivery processes and
tools e.g. Jenkins, Electric Cloud, Harness, Spinnaker.
- 1 year of experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- 2 years of experience with configuration management tools such
as Ansible, Chef, Salt Stack.
- Software development or scripting experience in a professional
- Experience with software version control including branching
and merging strategies.
- Strong background using public cloud infrastructure either in
AWS or Azure.
- Responsible for uptime of mission-critical production
- Ability to work with both Client and Internal teams using a
- Experience with APIs to perform third-party
- Bonus points for experience with the ELK Stack - ElasticSearch,
LogStash (or FluentD) and Kibana.
- Bonus points for experience implementing automated testing
using multiple test tools and services such as JUnit, JMeter,
Selenium and Cucumber.
- Bonus points for experience with application modernization in
support of transition to the cloud and/or microservice
- Bonus points for experience automating server or network
devices using Ansible Tower.
- Bonus points for experience with HashiCorp product suite e.g.
Packer, Terraform, Vault, Vagrant, etc.
- Bonus points for familiarity with IP networking concepts such
as VPN, DNS, load balancers, firewalling.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for you and your
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match, 529 College Savings
Plan, Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, and Long-Term
- Competitive Compensation
- Training and development programs
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative and cool office culture
- Work-life balance and generous paid time off
***To all recruitment agencies: Trace3 does not accept unsolicited
agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our
careers email addresses, Trace3 employees or any other company
location. Trace3 is not responsible for any fees related to
Keywords: Trace3, Irvine , Senior DevOps Engineer, Engineering , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!