Senior EMC Engineer
Company: Broadcom Inc.
Posted on: May 18, 2019
We are looking for a Senior-level EMC Engineer to work at our
location in Irvine, CA. The ideal candidate has a broad knowledge
in the theoretical and practical hands-on areas of design, testing
and debugging for EMC, test requirements and procedures as they
relate to multimedia (former ITE) and automotive networking
products. The role is a part of the Systems team, which is directly
involved with design and qualification of various Broadcom
networking ICs and related Reference Boards that must meet various
EMC requirements. The job entails working with many teams and
covering many and broad aspects of EMC. The position has high
visibility and the role is for a single on-site expert.
* Provide on-site technical EMC subject-matter expertise and
* Work with IC, PCB, System, and Packaging design teams, provide
reviews and directions for schematic and PCB layout design, to
ensure ICs and reference boards are designed to meet EMC
* Work with other design team members to analyze and characterize
various test conditions, and how these conditions relate to
electrical requirements at the IC level. Use network analyzer, TDR,
EMC/Spectrum analyzer to characterize the system.
* Troubleshoot and/or coordinate troubleshooting EMC problems with
other team members, especially at the PCB level.
* Coordinate and oversee day-to-day work of an EMC test
* Manage testing and/or run required tests to support
EMC-qualification of Broadcom ICs and Reference Designs according
- Automotive IC and component level EMC requirements such as
CISPR25, ISO-11452-series and various OEM requirements.
- Multimedia (former ITE") EMC requirements.
* Create reports, create or update test plans and procedures, keep
the documentation organized.
* Manage Broadcom EMC Pre-compliance Lab daily operation, equipment
working order, set up and/or verify tests and procedures for
Automotive and Multimedia requirements.
* Provide EMC-related inputs for Design Guides and Application
* Occasionally review, provide feedback, and debug customers
* BS with 8+ years of professional work experience; or
* MS with 6+ years of professional experience; or
* PhD with 3+ years of professional experience.
* Solid theoretical knowledge in the areas of EMC, RF, and Signal
Integrity and how to apply it to high-speed digital and analog
* Experience in EMC design for Automotive and/or Multimedia
Equipment (former ITE), especially at the PCB level (desired focus
on Networking Products).
* Detailed knowledge of EMC tests and requirements for Emission and
Immunity, ideally for both Automotive and Multimedia Equipment.
* Detailed knowledge of EMC lab equipment, including Network
Analyzers, TDR, EMC-Receivers and various other EMC-lab
* Experience with MatLab, simulation tools (circuit and EM-field)
* Knowledge of using PCB layout tools (Allegro, Mentor) for
* Able to work independently with minimal or no supervision
concurrently on multiple projects and tasks, self-starter.
IF YOU ARE LOCATED OUTSIDE USA, PLEASE BE SURE TO FILL OUT A HOME
ADDRESS AS THIS WILL BE USED FOR FUTURE CORRESPONDENCE.
Broadcom Inc. is committed to creating a diverse work environment
and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Broadcom Inc., Irvine , Senior EMC Engineer, Engineering , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!