Product Support Engineer (Tier 2)
Company: Cylance Inc.
Posted on: January 14, 2019
WHO WE ARE
Cylance is one of the fastest growing companies in the history of cybersecurity. By successfully applying artificial intelligence and machine learning to crack the DNA of malware, Cylance has redefined the endpoint protection market, garnered acclaim from industry analysts and won numerous awards including "Best Emerging Vendor" from SC Magazine. If you have the passion and desire to disrupt industries, protect the world from cyberattacks, and be at the forefront of a revolutionary new technology, we want you to join us!
Cylance is seeking a Tier 2 Support Engineer to act as the final escalation point for all high-level support issues for Cylance Products. The ideal person will perform deep dive analysis and diagnosis for Cylance applications running primarily on Windows Operating systems and must have an in-depth understanding of Windows troubleshooting. You will work closely with the Cylance Engineering team to deliver solutions to complex issues, all the while delivering best in class support to our customers. If you are a self-motivated team player who is eager to learn and can change direction quickly, we encourage you to apply!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Reproduce and confirm product defects prior to reporting such defects to Engineering
- Test and develop solutions for complex problems, communicating needs to Engineering and Product Development teams
- Respond to escalations via phone or email in a very timely, courteous and professional manner
- Assist in the development of training materials to empower Tier 1 & 2 support personnel
- Thoroughly document technical resolutions for inclusion in the Cylance Knowledge Base
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical field or 5+ years equivalent experience
- Experience with database technologies (MySQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Ability to configure Windows Operation Systems to capture crash dumps, and do preliminary dump file analysis
- Familiarity with network topologies, edge devices (routers, proxies, etc.), and troubleshooting techniques
- Prior customer support and use of customer support tools (JIRA, Confluence, Zendesk, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Flexible and adaptable self-starter with strong relationship-building skills
- Collaborative and team-oriented attitude
- Effective problem-solver with quick resolution time on critical issues
- Takes initiative and approaches all tasks and projects proactively
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks with little to no supervision
- Intellectual curiosity, humility, accountability and positive approach
- Requires the ability to work independently with substantial latitude for action and decision while maintaining focus on achieving optimal outcomes as part of a collaborative development effort
ABOVE AND BEYOND
- Security experience
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU TO APPLY
- Current resume
- Cover letter/summary expressing:
- Why you are interested in working at Cylance
- The skills, strengths and expertise you will contribute to our diverse team of extraordinary talent and humble hearts
BENEFITS AND PERKS
In addition to medical, dental, vision and 401(K) matching, we offer other great benefits and a slew of perks such as casual dress attire, plethora of employer-sponsored food and snack items, toll road/public transportation subsidy, gym membership discount, etc. We're proud to be certified as A Great Place to Work for 2017-2018!
Cylance Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Cylance Inc., Irvine , Product Support Engineer (Tier 2), Engineering , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!