RapidScale Cloud Solutions Engineer (California)
Company: Cox Communications
Posted on: January 11, 2019
The Cox Business Cloud Solutions Engineer - RapidScale is a technical sales support role that partners with the Cox Business mid-market and enterprise sales teams for complex managed services solutions in a cloud hosting environment (cloud solutions) to achieve our financial goals.-- Partnering with the market-level Cox Business sales teams, this person develops, manages, designs and works to close a pipeline of Cloud Solutions opportunities.-- After introduction and prequalification by the Cox Business sales reps, this role is responsible for driving the sales projects to successful close alongside the RapidScale sales resources. Simultaneously, this position aligns with the sales and solutions engineering teams of RapidScale to validate solution designs, price complex configurations, plan capacity for new customer deployments and to manage their market---s Cloud Solution opportunity pipeline. This role is a subject matter expert in all RapidScale solutions and works to continually improve their technical competencies in alignment with the product roadmap of the RapidScale division. -- Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions --
- Foster new Cloud Solutions opportunities in partnership with Cox Business sales team(s) and partner with RapidScale to drive those opportunities to successful close.--
- Supplies go-to-market support for the sales teams in the local market by supplying product training and providing routine (monthly) updates to those teams.
- Manages and maintains required pipeline and forecast data, providing updates as required by management.--
- Meets or exceeds monthly, quarterly and annual quantitative performance objectives for the Cloud Solutions product segment. Goals are shared between the Cox Business sales organization and the RapidScale sales and engineering teams.
- Keeps customer/prospect database up to date by recording all activities, transactions, and communications with customers.--
- Prepares regular expense, sales forecasts, and sales activity reports using software designed for that purpose.
- Communicates with prospective customers in person, by phone, email or other technology to develop new or expanded solutions and set an appointment to understand their business and explore mutually beneficial objectives using solution selling techniques.
- Meets with prospective and existing customers in person or by conference call to understand their business, to explore mutually beneficial objectives, collect information required to assess their Cloud Solutions needs in detail and estimate the amount of potential new or incremental business the account represents.
- Collaborates with RapidScale Solutions Engineering Team to determine appropriate solutions to meet complex customer needs. Develops proposals and multi-media sales presentations.--
- Builds an effective consultative relationship with customers during the sales process to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Takes a leading role in senior level presentations and large-scale customer negotiations with Sales Teams and Sales Partners in a manner that fosters trust and confidence in the RapidScale offering for the customer or prospect.
- Assists the Cox Business sales teams with Cloud Solutions design, solution pricing and solution presentation to the customer.
- Ensure smooth transfer of solution design details and knowledge from Cloud Solutions team to Engineering teams and Project Management teams for all new service implementations.
- Ensure solutions comply with RapidScale operational processes and policies related to solution design and implementation. Minimum --
- 5 or more years of experience required in some variety of managed IT services or cloud services; 3 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
- 3 years successful business-to-business sales, sales support or product marketing experience for a managed services provider, cloud services provider or other IT services business
- The ability to work within a cooperative team environment as well as perform assignments autonomously. This position will require working with several departments and different personalities.
- Valid driver---s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
- Functional competency using modern business tools and sales for automation (SFA) platforms such as Microsoft Office 365 (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, Teams), Webex Teams, Slack, and SalesForce
- Excellent skill in adaptability, applied learning, assignment management, building relationships, written communication, expanding and advancing opportunities, formal presentation skills, functional competence, high impact communication, continuous learning, PC skills, reasoning, and sustained customer satisfaction, in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization. -- Preferred --
- BS/BA in related discipline strongly desired
- History of technical sales support in a managed IT services, managed hosting or cloud services business----
- Knowledge of IT managed services and/or cloud managed services with a network of local contacts
Keywords: Cox Communications, Irvine , RapidScale Cloud Solutions Engineer (California), Engineering , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!