Posted on: November 11, 2018
6+ months (CONTRACT) for Aerospace Company
Pay rate: DOE
Hydraulic Engineer III - Irvine, CA.
1st Shift: 7:00 am - 4:00 pm
Researches, analyzes, designs, and tests component parts, processes, or systems to develop new and/or improve core aerospace hydraulic actuation products. Develops and recommends solutions to engineering requirements for complex or specialized projects or systems, to ensure that design objectives are met, including program scope, cost and schedule constraints.
1. Develops conceptual and detailed product specifications by analyzing performance and customer requirements. Investigates design factors such as function, materials, performance, interchangeability, cost (non recurring and recurring), operational efficiency, and contractual requirements. May develop preliminary designs from customer input and descriptive information provided by others.
2. Performs feasibility and trade studies applying standard analytical methods; recommends solutions which are defined and reviewed for implementation.
3. Interprets and validates test results for accuracy and precision. Ensures conformance to product qualification procedures and parameters to achieve customer and product reliability and safety standards. May utilize and interpret predictive models to simulate and verify design concepts.
4. Provides technical information for review with product engineering teams using established engineering practices, standards, and documentation methods (e.g. structured design process; customer design reviews). Writes supporting documentation for procedures and technical reports; may assist in writing technical proposals for customers.
5. Contributes to the completion milestones associated with specific projects (e.g. create functional diagrams and system layouts; review detailed drawings and schematics; define data structure, interfaces and programming logic; analyze material requirements; research customer data item requirements).
6. Reviews product specifications to ensure clarity, completeness, form, fit, function, and conformity to standards and procedures. Identifies design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommends revisions, engineering change orders, and improvements to engineering management or the project team.
- Bachelor's degree (BS) (or Professional Engineer (PE) certificate) in mechanical or aerospace engineering discipline.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through 7 to 9 years of related experience.
- Has thorough knowledge of hydraulic actuation product area and domain and develops breadth of knowledge of aerospace industry practices, techniques, regulations, and policies.
- Proficient with engineering design and analysis tools (e.g. computer aided design or modeling systems); ability to use standard software packages. May require capability using specialized software applications or languages.
- Ability to apply standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjust and correlate data, recognize discrepancies in results, and follow operations through a series of related detailed steps or processes.
- Ability to work with general objectives regarding projects and team goals; applies judgment in selecting procedures and techniques that should be applied. Works collaboratively in a team environment.
- Proficient with standard project management tools and practices
- Ability to effectively communicate and present status, actions, recommendations, and other technical information with clarity and precision. Responsive to inquiries from other engineering and business teams.
Keywords: Belcan, Irvine , Hydraulic Engineer, Engineering , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!