Principal SW Engineer Team Lead
Posted on: November 10, 2018
Principal Software Engineer - Team Lead job in Irvine, CA is available with one of Belcan---s top aerospace manufacturers. In this job, you will provide technical expertise and leadership to a small team responsible for safety-critical real-time embedded software development and verification for commercial aircraft systems. To qualify for this position you will have a Bachelors of Science, Electronics or Computers degree; 10+ years of experience; real-time embedded software at both high and low levels, strong familiarity with RTCA/DO-178 certification objectives, expert level fluency with ANSI/MISRA C and assembly, and aircraft systems software development.
- Provides technical expertise and leadership to a small team responsible for safety-critical real-time embedded software development and verification for commercial aircraft systems.
- Contributes to and has responsibility for the completion of significant assignments with broad product, technology, customer, and strategic business impact.
- Develops and recommends solutions to unique technical challenges. Ideal candidate will have a strong, practical DO-178B verification background in safety-critical real-time embedded software for aircraft systems; will be technically proficient with low-level software (e.g. device drivers, board support packages, built-in test) and will be fully fluent in C and assembly; will have extensive experience writing software planning documents and representing their companies to certification authorities (e.g. customer DERs, FAA, EASA, TCCA) during compliance audits (e.g. SOI).
- Provides technical oversight or direction.
- May have customer and supplier interface to clarify and resolve specific technical issues.
- Provides expert technical advice and recommendations, leads internal and customer design reviews, and proposes methodology for problem-solving and analysis on complex design or customer issues. Researches and develops technology with an R&D and product development focus.
- Provides expert technical leadership concerning safety-critical real-time embedded software development and verification by analyzing and applying advanced engineering and scientific concepts.
- Communicates and coordinates with other technical resources to provide recommendations, lessons learned, methods for problem-solving, analysis methodology, etc. to maximize contribution to multiple projects or programs.
- Makes technical proposals and presentations to various internal and customer groups to influence business decisions. Maintains and takes steps to protect company intellectual property.
- Conducts analysis and/or tests pertaining to the development of new designs, methods, equipment or processes and completes required documentation by determining required actions, performing or directing completion of tasks and publishing findings and/or results.
- Compiles and analyzes operation, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified products or systems. Assesses the feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering evaluation tests, products, or equipment when necessary data are insufficient or conformation by testing is advisable.
- Investigates, researches, and operationalizes new technologies in specialty or related areas to improve cost and performance by applying advanced engineering design methods, theories, and research techniques.
- Maintains advanced level of professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications, benchmarking best practices, and/or participating in professional associations.
- Acts as consultant to management on technical and project-related matters. Serves as a functional expert. Identifies mentoring and development needs; serves as a mentor for other employees. Qualifications
- Bachelor degree (BS) Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering; Masters degree (MS) preferred. Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through 10-12 years of related experience.
- Comprehensive, advanced knowledge of theories, principles, industry practices, concepts, techniques, government regulations, and policies regarding: real-time embedded software at both high and low levels, strong familiarity with RTCA/DO-178 certification objectives, expert level fluency with ANSI/MISRA C and assembly, and aircraft systems software development.
- Demonstrated ability to research, develop, and integrate new technologies.
- Ability to communicate and influence varied audiences to gain support or resolve issues. Makes effective presentations on complex topics to top management, customers, and/or other key stakeholders.
- Ability to apply and integrate knowledge of other related engineering areas or experts to own area of expertise.
- Proficient with software and specialized data analysis, and engineering design tools.
- Ability to establish and track performance to goals and objectives to complete complex or major projects and provide direction to the team at project milestones.
- Ability to respond to significant inquiries from customers, regulatory agencies, or other internal teams.
Keywords: Belcan, Irvine , Principal SW Engineer Team Lead, Engineering , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!