DevOps Engineer -
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Job Title DevOps Engineer Advert Sage is a global company with a local heart. The market leader for cloud-based accounting, financials, enterprise management, people, and payroll software, we empower the world's business heroes-from single-person startups to large enterprises. Our people are passionate and positive. We inspire our colleagues to serve business builders everywhere and champion their success. As a FTSE 100 company with 14,000 colleagues across 24 countries, we do business the right way, while giving back to our local communities through the Sage Foundation. Be Sage, build on. EOE AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Sage Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws set forth in the Equal Employment Opportunity in The Law poster: Sage is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website to apply for a position, please contact us at We evaluate requests for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. Job Description AdvertSage is a global company with a local heart. The market leader for cloud-based accounting, financials, enterprise management, people, and payroll software, we empower the world's business heroes-from single-person startups to large enterprises. Our people are passionate and positive. We inspire our colleagues to serve business builders everywhere and champion their success. As a FTSE 100 company with 14,000 colleagues across 24 countries, we do business the right way, while giving back to our local communities through the Sage Foundation. Be Sage, build on. We are looking for people who are passionate about technology; inquisitive problem solvers who want to collaborate in building high quality products and enjoy the challenge of running trusted global services; good communicators who can positively influence change. As a DevOps Engineer you will be part of a global team. Live Service Management is a team of specialists, responsible for the availability, performance and security of all Sage online products and services. This role can be based out of Irvine or Atlanta. With the customer at the heart of everything we do, the successful candidate will work closely with development, test, and commercial teams, to design and agree a hosting architecture that promotes high availability, scalability, and security, whilst remaining cost effective. Working closely with product teams to integrate with the change and incident management processes, you will be responsible for delivering the highest levels of service management. Many of our products & services are on cloud platforms, enabling flexibility and scalability that is difficult to achieve in a traditionally hosted environment. Cloud experience is desirable but not essential. We have several vacancies for strong candidates, open to new technologies and approaches, to join our friendly, hardworking team. Innovation and new ideas are always welcome. We enjoy being good at what we do; helping to run world class services for our customers. We offer clear career progression paths and opportunities to help you fulfil your goals. Key Responsibilities ---You will get to know the development team's world (source control, builds, backlogs, sprints, Agile etc) but also bring the development team closer to the operational team (Infrastructure, OS, security, scripting, monitoring etc).
- The promotion of a DevOps culture and adoption of CI/CD principles throughout the organisation.
- Defining key metrics/logging and implement tooling that will provide all key stakeholders with information that will help identify improvements to the service on behalf of the customer.
- You will be part of a team with day-to-day operational responsibilities for customer facing online services.
- Ensure that any key non-functional requirements around availability, security and performance are met before any product is made available to customers.
- Keeping abreast of latest cloud technologies and driving relevant adoption to improve services. It should come as no surprise that we are always looking at new technologies, to give customers an even better experience. There is an expectation that you will have experience with some of the following technologies and consider yourself to be strong in 2 or 3 areas. You do not need to be an expert or have experience in all of these areas. 1+ years of DevOps experience is required. Operating Systems: Windows and/or Linux Cloud Providers: Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services Infrastructure as Code: CloudFormation, ARM templates, Terraform Automation and Scripting: PowerShell, Bash, Ruby, Python, Go Build/Release Tools: Jenkins, VSTS, Octopus Deploy, TeamCity, XL Release Databases: MSSQL, Azure SQL DB, AWS: RDS, MySQL, DynamoDB Web Hosting Technologies: Apache, IIS, Nginx plus Tomcat, Java, Passenger, Rails, Node.js Serverless: AWS Lambda, Azure Functions Containers: Docker, Mesosphere, Kubernetes Configuration Management: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, PowerShell DSC Function Product Country United States Office Location Atlanta; Irvine Location Region
Keywords: Sage, Irvine , DevOps Engineer -, Engineering , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!