Lead Cloud Engineer
Company: Capital Group
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Req ID: 16029
Experience Level: Professional
Other Location(s): N/A
Relocation offered: Yes
Travel required: NoneCome grow with us At Capital Group, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect and collaboration. But it's more than that. It's smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve our investors and one another. Bring your energy and unique perspective to Capital and you'll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You'll be part of a team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed. You'll work alongside talented colleagues, many of whom build long careers while progressing through multiple roles, establishing lifelong friendships and making a difference in our communities. In return for your contributions, you'll receive premier compensation and benefits, and a company-funded retirement plan that ranks among the most generous. Do you have a passion for driving the realization of business value through technology? Are you excited by the challenge of driving the technical and organizational transformation associated with cloud? Do you have experience leading the design and adoption of public cloud for companies that have a mix of new and existing applications? The Technology Services Organization is seeking a Lead Cloud Engineer to drive Capital Group's public cloud capabilities and transformation in support of our cloud first strategy. The Lead Cloud Engineer will accurately and thoroughly represent the organization's cloud technology capabilities and strategic direction while delivering cost-effective and high-performance technology solutions to support key business functions. As part of the Platform Solutions team and based in Irvine, CA, the Lead Cloud Engineer will lead technology teams from across the enterprise to design and drive the technical and operational capabilities necessary to adopt PaaS and IaaS from AWS, Azure, and other cloud providers. You are technically astute with deep knowledge in AWS and/or Azure, and cloud platform solutions to support cloud native applications. In this role, you will work within a collaborative design process, execute on strategic cloud initiatives, research, advocate and integrate new technology or processes, and develop reusable design patterns to streamline execution. Responsibilities:
- Drives and develops CG's cloud roadmap and strategy and guides teams across the organization for alignment.
- Partners with technology and application teams to drive new capabilities and operational maturity for cloud products and services.
- Leads complex, cross functional solution designs across teams.
- Leads or consults on the most complex incident escalations and performs complex troubleshooting.
- Provides expert level technical leadership and consulting internally to teammates and externally to IT teams.
- Champions continuous improvement strategies across IT. Qualifications:
- Must have hands on experience in implementing, deploying and migrating IaaS, PaaS workloads in a hybrid cloud environment at scale
- 10+ years of platform or development engineering with at least 4+ years recent experience in distributed computing or cloud computing platforms
- Extensive design and implementation experience in container and container management platform with proficiency in APIs management and understanding of development languages and frameworks desirable.
- Deep technical knowledge of Cloud technologies in Azure or AWS in the following areas:
- Expert level in driving/delivering/managing production workloads into the public cloud
- Design and implementation of workload deployment, migration and management for IaaS and PaaS capabilities
- Expertise with devops practices and cloud automation tools such as Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager, Jenkins, Atlassian
- Design and implementation of all aspects of cloud foundation technologies including network connectivity, security, IAM, monitoring, integration to on-premises environment, and disaster recovery
- Strong experience in cloud platforms/container technologies to support transformation and cloud adoption such as Cloud Foundry, Openshift.
- Strong experience and hands on implementation of Docker and Kubernetes at scale Company Overview:
Founded in 1931, Capital Group is one of the world's largest and most trusted investment management companies and home to the American Funds. We manage more than US$1.39 trillion in assets, and our 7,500 associates make our clients their first priority every day. When we do our job right, millions of investors around the world fulfill their dreams and financial goals, from home ownership and higher education, to a comfortable retirement. Our long-term investment results and outstanding service set us apart from our competitors, while our workplace sets us apart from other employers.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Capital Group, Irvine , Lead Cloud Engineer, Engineering , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!