IT Engineer / Help Desk
Company: Uni-Point, LLC
Posted on: September 13, 2018
Position SummaryDo you like to be the IT Hero? Are you excited about new computer technologies and anxious to get your hands on them and figure them out? Do you like to solve puzzles and research solutions on your own? Uni-Point is looking for a self-starting, energized person willing to learn and take on IT tasks for our growing list of clients. You will be working with our experienced IT team along with our clients supporting IT solutions for their business. If you'd rather sit in a chair all day and manage the same old network, then this position is not for you. If you're willing to take on a technology you've never heard of before, crack open a book, launch your browser and get to work, then you are exactly what we are looking for.DetailUni-Point, LLC. is currently seeking a IT engineer to provide remote and onsite support for our clients. Applicants must possess excellent communication and customer service skills as well as be familiar with the technologies listed below.This is an opportunity to grow with a small company and gain valuable experience in the IT industry.Our engineers work both remotely and onsite with customers, serving as an outsourced IT department for our clients. This position would be approximately 50% remote support and 50% onsite, all remote work would be done from comfort of your home.The base salary for this position varies based on experience and ability to begin working with clients. In addition to base salary, this position includes a bonus structure for hitting monthly performance goals.Requirements:Communication Skills:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to explain technical issues and resolution to non-technical users
- Time and Schedule Management:
- Be highly motivated, able to work independently, set and meet deadlinesSelf-Development:
- Must continue to seek out proficiency in new technologies.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and research IT solutions using online resources and support services.
- Above all, a passion about technology and a willingness to learn Ideal candidates will have familiarity with the following:
- Installation and configuration of industry leading technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows Servers and desktop operating systems.
- Microsoft Server applications (Sharepoint, SQLServer, Exchange)
- Linux Server (CentOS, RedHat)
- VMWare ESXi / vCenter
- Cisco IOS (Basic Switches and Routers)
- Firewalls (GTA, Cisco ASA, Sonicwall)
- VPN technologies (remote access, site to site)
- Backup Applications (Veeam, Backup Exec, AppAssure)
- IP Telephone Administration
- Cloud technologies (Azure, E2C)
- Understanding of TCP/IP network infrastructureAbout Uni-Point:Uni-Point, LLC. is a IT consulting company, acting as an outsourced IT department for small to medium businesses. We have been servicing clients in the Southern California area for over 20 years. We have clients ranging from many different industries, including doctor's offices, software developers, property management and school districts. For some clients we are their only source of IT help, for others we only do high level consulting in coordination with onsite staff. We are a small company that offers lots of flexibility and opportunities for growth.LocationBased in Orange County, CA. Pay Rate$27 per hour + Bonuses (depending on experience) - provided by Dice Systems Engineer, IT Engineer, Information Technology Engineer, IT Consultant, Network Tech, Support Services, Network Administration, Help Desk
Keywords: Uni-Point, LLC, Irvine , IT Engineer / Help Desk, Engineering , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!