Hardware Engineer III
Company: Panasonic Avionics Corporation
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine,
CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our
onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities
such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a
fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage
parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train
commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables,
pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place
visit parkplaceirvine.com.Who we are:Ever wonder who brings the
entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1
in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies,
games,WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!How exciting
would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating
technology that delights millions of people in an industry that's
here to stay! With our company's history spanning over 40 years,
you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work
with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a
diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization
thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background,
culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.If you want to
learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full
listing of open job opportunities go to
Responsible for assisting in the overall design of LRUs which may
include: sustaining, design & development, layout, analysis,
evaluation, prototype build, and testing of mechanical, electronic,
and electromechanical components and systems. May have specific
technical project or product responsibility.
- Sustaining Design, Analysis, Build and Test Activities.
- Performs sustaining, design, development and planning including
layout, analysis, evaluation, prototype build, and testing of
mechanical, electronic, and electromechanical components and
- Perform qualitative and quantitative tests to determine
properties, characteristics, and performance of materials,
circuits, mechanisms, assemblies and systems.
- Design and develop electronic circuits and assemblies.
- Record and analyze test data. Selects hardware and material
assuring compliance with specifications and product
- Verify embedded firmware and higher level software
functionality of the product.
- Apply standard mathematical and hands-on techniques, procedures
and criteria to engineering assignments.
- Follow all departmental QOP and WI processes to ensure all
documentation is generated, completed and released in a timely
- Product Design/Development and Requirements Analysis.
- Participate with members of management in the design and
development of products and analysis of customer requirements.
- Conduct in-depth troubleshooting and debugging of designs.
- Assist in the determination of a problem solution while giving
consideration to form, fit, function, weight, product ability,
manufacturing, product marketing and cost.
- Coordinate with Procurement, Manufacturing, Obsolescence,
Product Planning and Material Planning departments for the
selection and ordering of parts, materials, components, or
processes with vendors and suppliers.
- Communicate and sustain the development and design of the
hardware with overseas manufacturing division to ensure product
- Work with the respective Project Manager, or when required
independently, to generate and update Design and Development
- Provide solutions and recommendations to project lead.The
salary rangeof $ 115,000-151,000
which is just one component of Panasonic's total package. The final
offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to
individual's knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In
addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and
incentives. The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the
greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where
the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage
requirements.What we're looking for:
- BS in Electrical Engineering required followed by an MS in
Electrical Engineering preferred.
- 3 -6 years' experience in areas such as higher mathematics,
electronics, mechanics and circuit design.
- Proficient in project planning and ability to plan for internal
and/or external dependencies.
- Proficient in designing and developing requirements from
specifications, oral instructions, or preliminary sketches.
- Proficient in designing, analyzing circuits and equipment using
conventional and computerized techniques.
- Proficient in developing and implementing test methods and
- Practical experience in preparing technical reports and
documentation for submission to management.
- Knowledgeable with commonly used concepts, practices, and
procedures within the Electronic Engineering field.
- Uses clearly demonstrable skills as an experienced professional
within the Hardware Engineering field.
- Must be capable of clearly identifiable contributions to the
success of a product or project.
- Uses professional concepts while applying company policies and
procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of
situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Ability to travel to Japan and other domestic and international
locations as required approximately 10% of the time.Contribution to
Society - Fairness & Honesty - Cooperation & Team Spirit - Untiring
Effort for Improvement - Courtesy & Humility - Adaptability -
GratitudeWhat we offer:At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize
the most important aspects in leading our industry arethe bright
minds behind everything we do.We are proud to offer our employees a
highly competitive,comprehensiveand flexible benefits program.
- Salary 120,000-154,500 USD
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role.
Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work
- Paid time off:Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO.
This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to
theamountof Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt
employees.Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per
year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with
tenure.All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We
also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between
Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected
to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours
- HealthInsurance:Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and
Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee +
Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO
and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401Kwith 50%matchon upto 8% contribution, full vested from day
- Other offeringsinclude:Wellness Program, Counseling services,
FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D
Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness
Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance,
Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education
Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service
Award Program.All applicants are subject to Company policies, third
party customer and worksite requirements, and government
requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19.
Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be
fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition
of employment,unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption
based on areasonable accommodationbecause of a disability or a
sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the
Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require
vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party
customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance
with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply,
exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.Panasonic is
proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and
any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All
qualified individuals are required to perform the essential
functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive
positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due
to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to
candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid
authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in
Panasonic Avionics Corporation.
#LI-JL1 Provide engineering, estimating and planning services for
refrigeration systems, Port-A-Pak, Econo-Pak, coil products, cases
and panel products to the branch or distributors, including sales,
service, construction, manufacturing and engineering departments to
service customers' needs. Responsible for planning, managing and
coordinating all product development activities, processes
compliance and management of resources and ensuring delivery of
planned software releases of software product. Responsible for
defining product vision, roadmap and strategies for the product in
alignment with the overall business direction. Technical
responsibilities include strategic decisions about technologies and
implementation of architecture and development processes. Not ready
to apply? Joining our talent community not only provides you with
job updates but insider peeks on some of the innovative
technologies you could work on.
Keywords: Panasonic Avionics Corporation, Irvine , Hardware Engineer III, Engineering , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!