Senior Cyber Security Engineer - Georgetown, TX
Company: AirBorn Inc.
Posted on: September 10, 2023
SUMMARY: Responsible for maintaining and supporting the security
infrastructure and internal clients who use the organizations'
systems or networks.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include
the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for responding to network intrusions, perform
vulnerability testing, conduct forensic investigation and mount
incident responses, along with testing new or upgraded hardware and
software and implementing new technologies.
- Create test plans which will allow for a proper evaluation of
security issues for new hardware and software and identify security
solutions and implement a multi-layered defense to protect the
networks and configure and install firewalls and intrusion
- Perform and/or direct penetration testing activities,
vulnerability testing, risk analyses and security assessments and
develop automation scripts to handle and track incidents.
- Collaborate with colleagues on authentication, authorization
and encryption solutions and evaluate new technologies and
processes that enhance security capabilities.
- Test security solutions using industry standard analysis
criteria and deliver technical reports and formal papers on test
- Respond to information security issues during each stage of a
project's lifecycle and supervise changes in software, hardware,
facilities, telecommunications and user needs, define, implement
and maintain corporate security policies.
- Analyze and advise on new security technologies and program
conformance and recommend modifications in legal, technical and
regulatory areas that affect IT security.
- Own and deliver all facets for each of the domains assigned
scope, deliver customer information security needs, concise
technical output and advice to customers and other staff members in
form of documentation/templates/guidelines.
- Implementation and support of the following platforms: McAfee
Threat Intelligence Exchange, Endpoint Detection & Response, Data
Loss Prevention, Network Security, Vulnerability Management, Risk
Assessments, SOC Implementation, Policy Implementation, Firewall
Rule Management, File Integrity Monitoring and Secure Web
Gateway/Proxy, Scanning and Auditing, IT Operations, GRC,
Compliance, IT audits, Cloud, and Software development using NIST
ISO, ISF and other best practices and standard.
- Configure log aggregation, review logs for security events and
install, configure, and manage network security software.
- Conduct internal and external security audits with IT team and
monitor network activity to identify issues early and communicate
them to IT teams.
- Act on security breaches and malware threats through email
filtering and monitor and respond to emerging threats and ongoing
best practices changes.
- Recommend data filtering and event alerts from data feeds to
support system and network monitoring needs.
- Establish configurations that ensure event notifications are
distributed to the proper management and support staff.
- Report on a timely basis to the Director of Cybersecurity and
the Chief Information Officer security management/technical
personnel on an ad hoc and on a periodic basis.
- Develop written processes and procedures for help-desk
personnel to use to remediate management or security agent issues
including customer-specific procedures, as needed.
- Continuously identify and develop security and
productivity-enhancing improvements through automation, better
procedures, and other innovations.
- Continuously research and learn about additional endpoint
security solutions which may not be currently in use, but may be in
the future including endpoint encryption (full disk and removable
media), desktop firewalls, mobile device management, etc.
- Document current business process flows and functional
requirements for information systems.
- Develop project documentation and serve as a security expert
and conduct user training sessions. Support the creation and
development of security systems, policies, and designs.KNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Completion of a Bachelor's degree, at an accredited four year
university or college.
- Ten years of related experience or training; and/or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Certified in one or more of the following: Certified
Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP); SSCP (Systems
Security Certified Professionals), CompTIA Security+
- Proficiency with Fortigate firewalls, Cisco networking,
security systems and typical operating systems and relational
databases (Microsoft Windows, Microsoft SQL, IIS, Server, Oracle,
- Skills in designing countermeasures to identify security
- Ability to apply network security architecture concepts
including topology, protocols, components, and principles.
- Experience with Single-Sign-On (SSO) identity federation and
protocols, including Radius, MS AD (join-based), LDAP/OpenLDAP, and
SAML (including MS Azure-based SAML) and Visio
- Familiarity with public key infrastructure (PKI) and
cryptographic protocols (e.g. SSL/ TLS), industry-standard data
security practices as it pertains to data classification, and
writing specifications and security models for large-scale data
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or
- Experience configuring and administering penetration testing
tools (e.g., Nessus, Tenable, WireShark) and windows Active
- Knowledge of all aspects of a SD-WAN and WAP's across all
sites, Zero Trust & privilege management, IAM & MFA, EDR & AV
platforms, Email security (DKIM, DMARC, AV, Phishing), MDM, DLP,
Encryption (Data Protection), PKI, SIEM, Secrets management,
security frameworks (e.g. NIST 800-53, NIST 800-171, ISO 27001,
CMMC, etc.) and risk management methodologies.
- Awareness and experience in a wide range of security tools,
organizational and project management skills.
- Team player able to lead a small project team when required and
also work independently.
- Experience with Network Based Security Solutions: IPS/IDS, NG
Firewalls, Behavioral Analytics, Malware Forensics, etc., Host
Based Security Solutions: HIDS, Data Loss Prevention (DLP),
Security for System & DB Platforms (On-Premises and Cloud): Linux,
Windows, Oracle, DB/2, SQL,Monitoring & Analytics: SIEM
Implementation & Optimization Experience.
- Knowledge of virtual machine encryption technologies, identity
and access management principles and Advanced Persistent Threats
(APT), phishing and social engineering, network access
- Research, evaluate, and stay current on emerging tools,
techniques, and technologies.
- Ability to possess exceptional incident-response skill, and a
high understanding of computer forensics and assess current
workflows to determine possible future issuesQUALIFICATIONS To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform theessential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk,
hear, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects,
tools, andcontrols, and reach with arms and hands. The employee may
be required to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.WORK ENVIRONMENT The
work environment characteristics described here are representative
of those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee
regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally
exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate and travel is limited to less than
25%. Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability/Vet ITAR COMPLIANCE
This position requires access to or use of information which is
subject to the federal International Traffic in Arms Regulations
(ITAR). All applicants for this position must be U.S. Persons
within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines "U.S. Person" as U.S.
citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., person admitted as
a refugee to the U.S., person granted asylum in the U.S., or person
granted the status of alien lawfully admitted for temporary
residence to the U.S. under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) (for special
agricultural workers) or 8 U.S.C. 1255(a)(1) (an amnesty
Keywords: AirBorn Inc., Irvine , Senior Cyber Security Engineer - Georgetown, TX, Engineering , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!