Senior Electrical Engineer
Company: Stantec Consulting International Ltd.
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Stantec Jobs - Senior Electrical Engineer in IRVINE, California,
State, Country, Zip Code Search for Job Title or Keywords Flexible
Working Locations Browse by Location Senior Electrical Engineer -
Stantec Jobs Job Information Senior Electrical Engineer IRVINE ,
California Senior Electrical Engineer - ( 230000Q9 )DescriptionMany
of the world's top engineers and scientists come together in our
Water business because they view a community's interaction with
water a bit differently-as a single holistic system, rather than
unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Working
throughout the hydrologic cycle, we are delivering sustainable
solutions to make sure water is where it should be and available
when needed. Our experts guide our work with scientific rigor, an
innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help
communities improve, reuse, and protect this precious resource for
future generations. By 2025 we're hiring 2,000 people (like you) to
join our team. Grow with us, H2O+U.Your OpportunityAre you ready to
grow? We are looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer (location is
flexible) to support our growth within the Industrial Water Sector
at Stantec. This senior level engineering role be responsible for
the design and execution of projects ranging in size and
complexity, with a focus on electrical distribution within
industrial water and wastewater treatment. As a specialist, you
will conduct special, complex, and advanced level studies,
contribute to innovation efforts addressing customer needs and
seeking to influence projects to ensure success. Does working with
clients on great projects, with a talented team of professional's
appeal to you? Apply now and you can join some of the best
technical people in the world and work on projects you can be proud
of! Our people are Stantec's most valuable resource, and in joining
our team you will be able to leverage your career experiences and
expertise within a culture that values inclusion, celebrates shared
success, and applauds ambition.Your Key Responsibilities
- Acts as Engineer-of-Record for projects and/or project
components of varying degrees of complexity.
- Evaluates, selects, specifies, and engineers all electrical
engineered systems or products for a project.
- Engages in the development of a design through sketches,
electronic models, diagrams, and other visual formats.
- Utilizes technologies in development of three-dimensional
models of electrical systems.
- Provides guidance, training and mentorship for junior and
intermediate engineers, designers, and drafters.
- Prepares and revises documentation in various phases of design
and construction, including plans, diagrams, and details.
- Leads project coordination meetings with internal team members
and/or external consultants, owner and contractor, sub-contractors,
- Participates in client project requirement meetings, value
analysis, and basic cost estimating.
- Develops and manages the project scope, budget, staffing and
- Leads the preparation and coordination of the project
specifications with construction documents.
- Participates in constructability review.
- Conducts quality assurance and implements quality control on
- Conducts reviews of project deliverables produced by peers and
- Assists in the development of new standards and specifications
for the electrical group.
- Develops project scope, budgets, and design approach for all
- Assists with the development of proposals for potential
- Oversees and manages multiple projects.
- Conducts and/or oversees field reviews required to assess
- Conducts and/or oversees construction phase services, responds
to RFIs, reviews shop drawings, and conducts reviews of
construction for general conformance with designQualificationsYour
Capabilities and Credentials
- Requisite knowledge, interpretation, and application of
industry standards as well as electrical and building codes.
- Strong understanding of all phases of project document
production and the relationship between drawings and
specifications, particularly in the water/wastewater industry.
- Strong knowledge of medium and low voltage electrical
distribution systems means and methods, materials, and industry
standards, particularly in the water/wastewater industry.
- Ability to lead one or more teams through all phases of project
- Checks the work of others for accuracy and completeness and
manages time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Participates and collaborates in multi-discipline project team
setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Advanced understanding of electrical engineering concepts and
ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
- Very strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation, interpersonal, and interview skills.
- Well-versed understanding of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong knowledge of AutoDesk products (i.e. AutoCAD).
Familiarity with Revit is a plus.
- Experience with specialized power system software such as ETAP
and SKM PowerTools.
- Mentoring and professional development of other
personnel.Industrial Water Capabilities and Credentials
- Specialization in heavy industrial electrical design
- Ability to
- Lead industrial electrical design team
- Develop construction bid documents
- Bid review, proposal development, and manhour estimates
- Develop design documents including control/schematic diagrams,
conduit and electrical systems layouts, materials specifications,
electrical block diagrams, etc.
- Assist in the development and updating of department standards
- Develop and build Client relations.
- Knowledge of electrical materials specifications and
- Provide guidance/supervision to other engineers and function as
a mentor to less experienced engineers.
- Act as liaison with the other engineering disciplines;
specifically Piping Design, Structural, Mechanical/HVAC,
Instrumentation and Control, Process Engineering and
- Assembling calculation packages for electrical designs
- General knowledge of industry standards and best practices
including NEC, IEEE, and others.
- Electrical construction, startup, and commissioning field
support: client, contractor, and vendor interaction.Education and
- Minimum of bachelor's degree Engineering with an emphasis in
- With a minimum of ten years of related work experience to
successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in the Industrial
- Experience leading design teams
- Licensed Professional EngineerTypical office environment
working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of
time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including
inclement weather.This description is not a comprehensive listing
of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of
the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may
be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without
notice.Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to
build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact
on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary : Full-time and part-time employees have access to
medical, dental, and vision plans, a wellness program, health
saving accounts, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan, employee
stock purchase program, life and accidental death & dismemberment
(AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans,
emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional
membership fee coverage and paid family leave. Employees will
receive ten paid holidays in each calendar year. In addition,
employees will be eligible to accrue vacation between 10 and 20
days per year and eligible for paid sick leave (and if more
generous, in accordance with state and local law).Temporary
employees have access to 401(k) plans, employee stock purchase
program, and paid leave, in accordance with state and local
law.Primary Location : United States-California-IrvineOther
Locations : United States-California-Pasadena, United
States-California-RocklinOrganization : BC-2243 Water-US
DeliveryEmployee Status : RegularJob Level : Individual
ContributorTravel : Yes, 10 % of the TimeSchedule : Full-timeJob
Posting : Feb 22, 2023, 8:13:30 AMReq ID: 230000Q9Stantec provides
equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and
applicants for future and current employment and prohibit
discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, marital status, genetic information,
disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in
decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion,
compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any
other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local,
state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable
opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including
Disability/Protected Veterans Apply Now
- Share this job
- share to linkedin
- share to twitter
- share to facebook
- share by email FAQ Search & Apply Home Current Search Criteria
- Senior Electrical Engineer
- Clear All
Keywords: Stantec Consulting International Ltd., Irvine , Senior Electrical Engineer, Engineering , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...