Manufacturing Engineer Co-op - SLC
Company: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC)
Posted on: March 17, 2023
United States of America
State / County
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability - not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
ENGINEERING CO-OPS- We are seeking highly motivated IMPACT players to join our world of manufacturing. Do you thrive in a fast-paced, challenging environment where you are rewarded for results? Do you want to be a member of a team that is driven to win? If so, Precision Castparts Corp. may be just the place for you.
Find out what it's like to work with our team in our fast-paced, dynamic work environment through a variety of internship and cooperative program opportunities. This is your chance to gain invaluable on-the-job experience while getting an introduction to our collaborative and exciting culture.
Job assignments will be related to your functional engineering discipline; typically mechanical, industrial or materials science engineering. You will be responsible for accomplishing performance goals and will receive progressive responsibility in process and/or product engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The student will:
* Apply principles that he or she has learned in school to hands-on situations, such as process and product design and improvement.
* Identify and recommend process improvements for specified projects.
* Attend regular departmental meeting.
* Attend training sessions, symposiums and other appropriate educational opportunities.
* Perform or review systems analysis, testing and documentation for existing processes.
* Take ownership and responsibility for identified projects.
* Participate on project teams for assigned projects; analyze improvements and new product or applications and develop requirements and specifications with team.
* Work within specifications provided to meet project goals and objectives in a timely and accurate manner.
* Participate with peers, project team members and other departments on new product development, product line extensions and product enhancements.
* Current student pursuing a bachelor's degree in mechanical, industrial systems or materials science engineering
For informational purposes only, the range of pay for this role is $19.50 to $29.25 US Dollar (USD) Hourly based on a variety of factors. Employees will receive 0 hours paid time off every year. Employees will also receive 10 paid holidays. Employees (and their families) are eligible to participate in the company's medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees are eligible to enroll in the Company's 401(k) plan.
Keywords: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC), Irvine , Manufacturing Engineer Co-op - SLC, Engineering , Irvine, California
here to apply!