Senior Data Engineer
Company: West Coast University
Posted on: March 18, 2023
- The Predictive Analytics Team develops predictive and
prescriptive data solutions which require a single source of the
- Reporting to the Predictive Analytics Team Director of Data
Integration and Data Quality, the Data Engineer (Data Management)
will lead efforts to mature the University's data management
procedures, especially in the areas of data dictionaries, data
lineage, data governance, and data operations.
- This role will contribute to the development and operation of a
modern analytical data store which supports the entire student
journey while focusing on marketing, retention, placement, tuition,
scholarships, graduation rates, student learning, student
engagement, and other relevant academic success factors to be used
for decision making related to enhancing student outcomes and
academic excellence. The analytical data store will contain both
granular structured/unstructured data as well as aggregated data
elements to ensure optimal flexibility to support a variety of
analytical use cases.
- Must be able to work a hybrid schedule where you will work in
the office 3 days/week and from your home office 2 days/week.
Responsibilities: 20% Identifies and analyzes requirements for the
Analytical Data Store. 20% Creates design specification documents
and diagrams for the Analytical Data Store. 20% Develops data
integration and database objects for the Analytical Data Store. 20%
Implements data quality, data cleansing, data profiling, and data
scorecard processes. 10% Validates the Analytical Data Store meets
the stakeholder requirements. 10% Deploys database and data
integration objects to on-premises and cloudenvironments. Education
- EITHER 3+ years of relevant experience in data integration,
data engineering, database administration, or data analytics.
- OR a combination of 2+ years of relevant experience in data
integration, data engineering, database administration, or data
analytics AND at least a Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Experience with languages for queries and analysis of data,
such as Python, R, and SQL.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI.
- Experience with data ingestion and extraction, transformation,
and loading (ETL).
- Experience with data warehousing concepts, especially a
star-schema approach to data warehousing.
- Absolutely loves working with data, including data integration,
data quality, databases, and data analytics.
- Mastered the art of meeting deadlines while working at a fast
pace under stress and pressure.
- Enormously cautious about protecting the privacy and security
- Driven to automate as many repetitive and tedious tasks as
- Strong in working well with others and minimizing conflicts
when differences of opinion do exist.
- Obsessed with quality, details, and achieving error-free
results as often as possible.
- Excellent at independently and creatively solving problems to
avoid becoming a bottleneck.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including
ability to speak about data and visualize data.
- Ability to exercise good judgment.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule as-needed,
based on work priorities and target dates.
- Ability to travel domestically occasionally, on an as-needed
basis. #LI-CM1 #HEJ
Keywords: West Coast University, Irvine , Senior Data Engineer, Engineering , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...