Lead Backend Engineer
Company: Viant Inc.
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Viant's culture is a unique combination of strong leadership,
ambition, collaboration, and fun, with incredible growth
opportunities for our employees! We offer a fast-paced work
environment, with a strong focus on employee engagement,
recognition, and development. With a commitment to innovation from
the top down, Viant continues to remain ahead of the curve in the
rapidly changing ad tech marketplace. Our Engineering team works on
the development of the Viant platform in an agile environment. You
would have the opportunity to work on the design and implementation
of big data systems, working with petabytes of data and real-time
map reduce to match against billions of transactions in real-time.
Our platform uses advanced machine learning techniques and the
newest big data processing technologies, and is deployed in a
distributed, multi-region, cloud-based
- Designing, developing, testing, debugging and deploying
applications using various technologies in a hybrid cloud
environment in AWS and GCE.
- Writing SQL queries.
- Write ETL jobs.
- Solving complex performance problems, architectural challenges
and production issues.
- Working with product owners, fellow engineers and operations
- Following organization processes and procedures.
- Ad-hoc duties as needed.Qualifications:
- Minimum B.S in computer science, mathematics or related
- 10+ years of experience in computer science.
- Experience with minimum any one of OOP related languages like
Java or C# or Golang, etc.
- Experience with web services or RESTful services or
- Experience with databases like MySQL or SQL Server or Oracle or
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication
- Ability to learn newer technologies.
- Must be a team player.
- Good sense of humor.
- Exposure or understanding to GoLang.
- Exposure to cloud-based technologies like GCE, AWS.
- Exposure to container-based technologies like Docker,
- Exposure or understanding of NoSQL technologies.
- Exposure or understanding of caching technologies like EHCache,
- Exposure or understanding of queuing / pub-sub technologies
like Amazon SNS/SQS, Kafka, etc.
- Exposure to project management software like JIRA, Asana,
- Exposure or understanding of mobile application development
using Xamarin or React Native.
- Exposure or understanding of Content Delivery Network like AWS
CloudFront, Akamai, etc.Benefits:
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD,
- Paid parental leave
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts - e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans,
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building
- Base compensation range: $154,100 - $205,500
- In accordance with California law, the range provided is
Viant's reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role.
Final title and compensation for the position will be based on
several factors including work experience and education.About
ViantViant - (NASDAQ: DSP) is a leading advertising software
company that enables marketers to plan, execute and measure
omnichannel ad campaigns through a cloud-based platform. Viant's
self-service Demand Side Platform, Adelphic -, powers programmatic
advertising across Connected TV, Linear TV, mobile, desktop, audio,
gaming and digital out-of-home channels. As an organization
committed to sustainability, Viant's Adricity - carbon reduction
program helps clients achieve their sustainability goals. In 2022,
Viant was recognized as a Leader in the DSP category, earned Great
Place to Work - certification, became founding a member of Ad Net
Zero, and Co-Founders Tim and Chris Vanderhook were named EY
Entrepreneurs of the Year. To learn more, please visit.Viant is
proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To provide equal
employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals,
employment decisions at Viant are based on merit, qualifications,
and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities
or practices on the basis of race; color; religion (includes
religious beliefs, observance or practice, religious dress or
grooming practices); creed; sex; sexual orientation; gender; gender
identity or expression; transgender status; pregnancy, childbirth
or related condition (including breastfeeding); marital status;
national origin; citizenship; military status, veteran status;
ancestry, age; physical or mental disability; medical condition
(includes cancer or a record or history of cancer), genetic
characteristics; or any other characteristic protected by
applicable federal, state, or local laws, and Viant prohibits
harassment based on any such protected basis or characteristics.By
clicking "Apply for this Job" and providing any information, I
Keywords: Viant Inc., Irvine , Lead Backend Engineer, Engineering , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...