Hardware Engineer III
Company: Panasonic Avionics Corporation
Posted on: March 11, 2023
Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine,
CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our
onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities
such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a
fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage
parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train
commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables,
pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place
visit parkplaceirvine.com. - Who we are: - Ever wonder who brings
the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation
is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as
movies, games, -WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity! - -
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes
into creating technology that delights millions of people in an
industry that's here to stay! With our company's history spanning
over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth
opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the
industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture
that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many
areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills
and more. - If you want to learn more about us visit us at
www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job
opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/. - - The position:
Responsible for assisting in the overall design of LRUs which may
include: sustaining, design & development, layout, analysis,
evaluation, prototype build, and testing of mechanical, electronic,
and electromechanical components and systems. May have specific
technical project or product responsibility. - -
- Sustaining Design, Analysis, Build and Test Activities.
- Performs sustaining, design, development and planning including
layout, analysis, evaluation, prototype build, and testing of
mechanical, electronic, and electromechanical components and
- Perform qualitative and quantitative tests to determine
properties, characteristics, and performance of materials,
circuits, mechanisms, assemblies and systems.
- Design and develop electronic circuits and assemblies.
- Record and analyze test data. Selects hardware and material
assuring compliance with specifications and product
- Verify embedded firmware and higher level software
functionality of the product.
- Apply standard mathematical and hands-on techniques, procedures
and criteria to engineering assignments.
- Follow all departmental QOP and WI processes to ensure all
documentation is generated, completed and released in a timely
- Product Design/Development and Requirements Analysis.
- Participate with members of management in the design and
development of products and analysis of customer requirements.
- Conduct in-depth troubleshooting and debugging of designs.
- Assist in the determination of a problem solution while giving
consideration to form, fit, function, weight, product ability,
manufacturing, product marketing and cost.
- Coordinate with Procurement, Manufacturing, Obsolescence,
Product Planning and Material Planning departments for the
selection and ordering of parts, materials, components, or
processes with vendors and suppliers.
- Communicate and sustain the development and design of the
hardware with overseas manufacturing division to ensure product
- Work with the respective Project Manager, or when required
independently, to generate and update Design and Development
- Provide solutions and recommendations to project lead. What
we're looking for: -
- BS in Electrical Engineering required followed by an MS in
Electrical Engineering preferred.
- 3 -6 years' experience in areas such as higher mathematics,
electronics, mechanics and circuit design.
- Proficient in project planning and ability to plan for internal
and/or external dependencies.
- Proficient in designing and developing requirements from
specifications, oral instructions, or preliminary sketches.
- Proficient in designing, analyzing circuits and equipment using
conventional and computerized techniques.
- Proficient in developing and implementing test methods and
- Practical experience in preparing technical reports and
documentation for submission to management.
- Knowledgeable with commonly used concepts, practices, and
procedures within the Electronic Engineering field.
- Uses clearly demonstrable skills as an experienced professional
within the Hardware Engineering field.
- Must be capable of clearly identifiable contributions to the
success of a product or project.
- Uses professional concepts while applying company policies and
procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of
situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Ability to travel to Japan and other domestic and international
locations as required approximately 10% of the time. Our
Principles: - Contribution to Society - Fairness & Honesty -
Cooperation & Team Spirit - Untiring Effort for Improvement -
Courtesy & Humility - Adaptability - Gratitude - What we offer: -
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important
aspects in leading our industry are -the bright minds behind
everything we do. -We are proud to offer our employees a highly
competitive, -comprehensive -and flexible benefits program. -
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role.
Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: -Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited
PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to
the -amount -of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for
exempt employees. -Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation
days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate
increases with tenure. -All employees receive 11 company paid
holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level
in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational
positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide
additional compensation for hours worked. -
- Health -Insurance: -Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and
Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee +
Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO
and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP. - -
- 401K -with 50% -match -on up -to 8% contribution, full vested
from day 1 -
- Other offerings -include: -Wellness Program, Counseling
services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child,
AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical
Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet
Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA,
Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program,
Service Award Program. - All applicants are subject to Company
policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and
government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for
COVID-19. - Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be
required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine
as a condition of employment,---unless they are eligible for and
obtain an exemption based on a---reasonable accommodation---because
of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or
observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19
vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for
positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government
requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those
locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered
based on applicable law. - - Panasonic is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, and any other
characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified
individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the
job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug
testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may
otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of
responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of
interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in
the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics
Keywords: Panasonic Avionics Corporation, Irvine , Hardware Engineer III, Engineering , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...