Company: B. Braun Medical Inc
Posted on: January 25, 2023
B. Braun Medical, Inc.
Job ID: 2021-19016
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
About B. Braun B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy
and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative
medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key
product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and
compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is
committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing
patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is
headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group
of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional
Systems, Aesculap - and CAPS -. Globally, the B. Braun Group of
Companies employs more than 64,000 employees in 64 countries.
Guided by its Sharing Expertise - philosophy, B. Braun continuously
exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to
address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs.
To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
Position Summary: Provide Engineering support and project
management skills toward the design, development, installation,
startup, validation and maintenance of products, processes and
equipment. Provide technical experience within a specialty
field(s). Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Analyzes existing equipment, processes, facilities,
infrastructure and systems to identify areas of improvement and
recommend solutions to optimize performance.
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert for designated systems/
technologies and provide technical recommendations
- Anticipate potential process related problems, risks and
technical conflicts and develop the necessary contingency plans to
improve business continuity.
- Performs troubleshooting and modifications to the automated
equipment adhering to Pharmaceutical and Medical Devices GMP change
control standards and policies.
- Creates and modifies system specifications and standard
operating procedures for the systems supported.
- Trains users and peers on systems.
- Supports software life cycle efforts.
- Contributes to development of continuous improvement to
- Documentation, testing, commissioning and validation support
- Provides project implementation support.
- Performs administrative, upgrades and maintenance tasks for
equipment/ control systems.
- Supervises consultants and contractors.
- Ability to manage medium complex projects without
- Support PIR and DN investigations.
- Support CAPA efforts as needed.
- Support optimization of the process with small capital
projects. The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also
include any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from
time to time. General: It shall be the duty of every employee while
at work to take reasonable care for safety and health of
himself/herself and other persons. Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Requires advanced knowledge of professional field and industry.
Influences the development of and drives the application of
principles, theories, concepts. Determines best course of
- Work under minimal supervision. Relies on experience and
judgement to plan and accomplish assigned goals. May periodically
assist in orienting, training, and/or reviewing the work of
- Judgement is required in resolving complex problems based on
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads,
subordinates, and peers. Frequent contact with external
- Manufacturing environment experience preferred.
- FDA/GMP experience preferred.
Expertise: Qualifications -Education/Experience/Training/Etc
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 08-10 years related experience required.
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Occasional business travel required, Valid driver's license and
passport While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently
is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and
arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Responsibilities: Other Duties: The preceding functions have been
provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees
assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the
work assignments of different positions due to reasonable
accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands: While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is expected to:
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly to move objects. Lifting, Carrying,
Pushing, Pulling and Reaching:
- Occasionally:Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull
- Frequently:Stand, Sit
- Constantly:N/A Activities:
- Occasionally:Handling, Push/pull, Reaching upward and
- Frequently:Sitting , Standing, Talking - ordinary, loud/quick,
- Constantly:N/A Environmental Conditions:
- Frequently:Proximity to moving parts
- Constantly:N/A Work Environment: The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise Intensity:Moderate
- Frequently:Office environment, Production/manufacturing
- Constantly:N/A What We Offer
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes
healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more
about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing
of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at
Through its Sharing Expertise - initiative, B. Braun promotes best
practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion,
national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status,
pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected
Keywords: B. Braun Medical Inc, Irvine , Engineering Specialist, Engineering , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!