Manufacturing Maintenance Mechanic (PAB)
Company: B. Braun Medical
Posted on: January 24, 2023
B. Braun Medical, Inc.Manufacturing Maintenance Mechanic
(PAB)US-CA-IrvineJob ID: 2023-22258Type: Regular Full-Time# of
Openings: 1Category: ManufacturingIrvine FacilityOverviewAbout B.
Braun B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain
management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical
products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product
areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy
and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to
eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient,
clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is
headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group
of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional
Systems, Aesculap - and CAPS -. Globally, the B. Braun Group of
Companies employs more than 64,000 employees in 64 countries.
Guided by its Sharing Expertise - philosophy, B. Braun continuously
exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to
address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs.
To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit
.ResponsibilitiesPosition Summary: This position is responsible for
assisting in the maintenance operation and preventative maintenance
of manufacturing equipment within the plant. The Manufacturing
Maintenance Mechanic must understand all production operations and
resolve downtime problems in an efficient and timely manner as well
as perform various maintenance tasks including electrical,
mechanical, controls, hydraulic and pneumatic. Responsibilities:
- Makes necessary repairs to equipment through adjusting,
repairing or replacing mechanical or electrical system parts and
components, using various tools.
- Test and adjust repaired systems for proper performance.
- Reads and interprets drawings, mechanical and electrical
schematics specifications and shop manuals.
- Fabricates parts by operation of grinders, drill presses, air
compressors and other related shop equipment and tools.
- Must comprehend, adhere and comply with all GMP's and safety
- Attends all company required trainings.
- Repairs the malfunction of machines, systems and auxiliary
- Good communication skills (i.e. with Line Leads / Supervisors
- Performs scheduled maintenance on manufacturing machines and
- Responsible for clean-up of the work area.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Routinely checks on machinery and systems for signs of fault in
order to prevent or minimize downtime and interruptions.
- Initiates improvement on the functionality of machines and
equipment to increase its efficiency.
- For more senior positions, might act as a team leader to ensure
that the work meets agreed targets by directly overseeing team
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the field's policies, procedures
- Will become the subject matter expert at higher levels of
- Documents activities accordingly.
- Perform and complete all his PM/DM documentation in SAP.
- Prepare spare parts for PM and shutdown activities on equipment
assigned. The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also
include any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from
time to time.Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Required to apply advanced working knowledge of technical
field/area of specialization. Exercises general application of
principles, theories and concepts, and proposes a course of action.
Performs advance shop floor competencies.
- Works under general supervision. May periodically assist in
orienting, training, assigning & checking the work of other
- May require some limited judgement in resolving problems.
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads,
subordinates, and peers. Occasional contact with external
- Previous experience in the plastics, medical food or
pharmaceutical industries preferred. QualificationsExpertise:
Qualifications -Education/Experience/Training/Etc Required:
- High school diploma/G.E.D required, Associate's or technical
- Related experience OR PBS requirements completed and pass
assessment at appropriate level.
- Regular and predictable on-site attendance
- Ability to work non-standard schedule as needed While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is
required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and
arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
.Additional Information Responsibilities: Other Duties: The
preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of
work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this
description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify,
change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due
to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical
Demands:While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
- Moderate work - Exerting up to 40 lbs of force occasionally,
and/or up to 20 lbs of force frequently, and/or 10 lbs force
constantly to move objects.Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling and
- Occasionally:Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull
- Frequently:Stand, Sit
- Occasionally:Climbing stairs/ladders, Kneeling/Crawling,
Sitting , Stooping/squatting
- Frequently:Handling, Push/pull, Reaching upward and downward,
Standing, Talking - ordinary, loud/quick, Walking
- Constantly:N/AEnvironmental Conditions:
- Constantly:Proximity to moving parts Work Environment: The work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Noise Intensity:Moderate
- Constantly:Production/manufacturing environment What We OfferB.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes
healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more
about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing
of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at
Through its Sharing Expertise - initiative, B. Braun promotes best
practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and
services.NoticesEqual Opportunity Employer Veterans/DisabledAll
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status,
age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other
legally protected status.PI201704959
Keywords: B. Braun Medical, Irvine , Manufacturing Maintenance Mechanic (PAB), Engineering , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!