Posted on: November 26, 2022
ProdOps Engineer II A ProdOps Engineer at iHerb will be
entrusted and empowered to use their skills to keep the lights on
for not only our development and engineering teams but for the
organization at large, as our team grows. By joining us to take on
the daily operation of iHerb's vast infrastructure and services, we
will enable our customers, partners, and other departments to
accelerate iHerb's drive forward as an industry leader. You will
also develop a broad, fulfilling technical knowledge of many tools,
systems, and their many integrations. As a level two engineer, you
will take extra steps to work with our partners and assist them in
offloading their operational demands to our team by developing
automation and incident playbooks. You will bring your advanced
knowledge of scripting and automation to not only assist our
customers, but to help ensure that ProdOps' own processes operate
efficiently, reliably, and with the highest availability.
Objectives of this Role
- Operate the production environment by monitoring availability
and having a holistic view of system health, utilization, and
- Lead in developing proactive monitoring solutions, with a focus
on streamlining remediation through response plays, scripting, and
automation, whenever possible.
- Continually improve the availability and reliability of
production workloads by measuring system performance and taking
steps to optimize and autoscale based on trends and changing
- Assist engineering and development with formulating playbooks
for deployments and upgrades that ProdOps can use for future
maintenance, with a focus on automating as much of the process as
- Contribute to 24x7 operational support, triage, and incident
management for IT and beyond, as our influence grows. Daily
- Respond to alerts with appropriate urgency and timing.
- Gather and analyze system metrics to determine if changes to
capacity or configuration should be made and work with the
appropriate teams and resources to implement them, always
considering opportunities to automate/autoscale.
- Partner with engineering, development, and other teams to
continually improve our operational support offerings and
capabilities and provide demos and use cases for review.
- Participate in system design and capacity planning, with a
focus on operational readiness and relevant, effective
- Open, manage, and escalate incidents based on our capabilities
and playbooks provided by our partners and customers throughout the
organization, continually reviewing them to find ways to
- Manage problems and continually improve our tools, with a focus
on automation to reduce repetitive incidents and degraded
- Communicate with affected departments about upcoming
maintenance or open incidents.
- Develop automated maintenance and incident notifications based
on a correlation of alerts, system metrics, and findings from
- Automate the generation of reports and dashboards, via the use
of scripting languages and API calls.Required Skills and
- At least three years of experience in an internet/web
- At least one year of experience working in or closely with a
- Experience with enterprise networking (switching, routing, load
balancing, and firewalls).
- Experience with containers and orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Experience with enterprise monitoring and status dashboarding
solutions. (Datadog, Statuspage)
- Skilled in scripting and process automation components (bash,
Python, PowerShell, API, etc.,)
- Skilled provisioning workloads and infrastructure in cloud
environments (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- In-depth, practical knowledge of DNS.
- In-depth, practical knowledge and experience with Windows and
Linux Server OS.
- Must be able to quickly recognize, understand, and act on
alerts from monitoring tools.
- Must be able to manage and participate in the remediation of
incidents of critical severity while maintaining a calm demeanor
and attention to detail and process.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills,
with the ability to write timely status updates for critical
- Must be driven, self-starting, and possesses a customer focused
Keywords: iHerb, Irvine , ProdOps Engineer, Engineering , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!