Senior Engineer, Cybersecurity (Prefer Dallas, TX based/hybrid work option, open to Remote based
Company: Tenet Healthcare
Posted on: August 7, 2022
The successful candidate will work in a technically diverse and
dynamic environment with a team of IT Security professionals
responsible for all aspects of the IT environment supporting the
needs of the business. The successful candidate will be able to
build out and support leading cybersecurity tools to ensure the
United Surgical Partners International (USPI) has the standard
Security Controls in place. Provide hand off and support to the
Security Operations Teams for the tools involved with deploying and
Some of the duties and responsibilities of this position include,
but are not limited to:
- Providing cyber security expertise and support for all
Cybersecurity Tools involved with supporting the USPI
- Providing support to Security Operations Teams for ensuring the
tools are functioning as intended and meeting the capabilities
requirement outlined when they were deployed
- Identifying security vulnerabilities and common attack vectors
from investigations coming out of the Incident Response team
processes and execute on any changes that need to be made to
continually improve the controls relative to the threats.
- Perform reviews of the current state of the USPI deployment to
ensure adherence to Tenet's computer security policy.
- Conduct network security assessments.
- Perform security monitoring of clients, servers, applications,
and network infrastructure.
- Conduct log analysis to identify malicious activity and
anomalous behavior is being properly handled by the Cybersecurity
tools working close with the Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Appropriately represent cyber security on cross-functional IT
- Support the certification and accreditation (C&A) of new
and existing information systems and applications.
- Manage security projects that implement infrastructure,
applications or systems solutions ensuring timely delivery of
functional, technical and security requirements.
- Lead the analysis, design, functional review and interpretation
of requirements of security related hardware and software.
- Define, generate, and ensure the compliance of system
documentation and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Graduation from college or with a degree or major course work
in computer science, telecommunications, networking, engineering or
other related technical field, or equivalent experience
- Five years of progressive work experience in information
technology and at least five years of experience in the information
- Knowledge of information security policies, "best practices",
protocols, and procedures
- Understanding of networking architectures, topologies,
practices and technologies
- Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills and
organizational and leadership skills
- Demonstrated level of integrity and judgment concerning privacy
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a well-reasoned, objective,
and independent point of view
- Able to work in a collaborative manner with teammates within
Information Resources as well as the rest of the Organization.
- CISSP, CISM or GIAC certification (candidates not certified
will be expected to achieve certification within 12 months of
- Detailed knowledge of industry-standard commercial and desktop,
server, and network operating systems and enterprise database
- Related work experience in a higher education or academic
- A technical skill set to configure, install, and monitor
- Knowledge of and experience implementing technical aspects of
compliance standards\regulations such as HIPAA, PCI DSS, etc.
- Knowledge of and experience implementing an information
security framework based on either ISO 27000 series standard, NIST
800-30, CObIT, etc.
- Experience working in a decentralized environment
Tenet Healthcare/USPI complies with federal, state, and/or local
laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are
offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable
law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or
obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to
your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination
requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in
accordance with the law.
Keywords: Tenet Healthcare, Irvine , Senior Engineer, Cybersecurity (Prefer Dallas, TX based/hybrid work option, open to Remote based, Engineering , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!