Company: Parker Hannifin
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer
of motion and control technologies and systems, providing
precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile,
industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50
countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual
dividends paid to shareholders for 63 consecutive fiscal years,
among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the
S&P 500 index.Manufacturing Engineer
- Evaluates complex manufacturing processes by conducting process
analysis, applying knowledge of product design, fabrication,
assembly, tooling, and materials, conferring with suppliers, and
soliciting observations from operators/production technicians.
- Develops complex manufacturing processes by studying product
requirements, researching, designing, modifying, and testing
manufacturing methods and equipment; and conferring with equipment
- Prepares written and graphical work instructions to communicate
manufacturing requirements to production personnel.
- Refines and enhances products and processes by applying
continuous improvement and key lean manufacturing/production
principles and techniques to critical or high-impact areas of
- May lead special projects for a variety of products and
processes. Frequent formal and informal customer interface to
present program status, including analysis of product failure,
probable cause, and corrective plan.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning
workflow, space requirements, equipment layout and establishing and
implementing "design for manufacture and assembly" plans. Assures
process control and reliability for broad areas of manufacturing
that may include supplier base as appropriate.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing
methods, testing finished product and process capabilities, and
establishing standards to confirm and validate manufacturing
- Determines root cause of failures using statistical methods
(e.g. design of experiment, statistical process control) that may
result in changes in design, tolerances, or processing
- Recommends and implements changes to manufacturing processes by
analyzing production, labor standards, and material costs,
reviewing production schedules, and estimating future
- Performs program reviews of technical issues at supplier base
or assist suppliers to initiate continuous improvement
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops, reviewing publications, establishing
industry networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and/or
participating in professional associations. Complies with federal,
state, and local legal requirements (e.g. environmental, building
code, safety, etc.) by studying existing and new legislation,
ensuring adherence to requirements, and advising management on
- Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and
making comparative analyses.
- Analyzes, substantiates, and proposes changes in methods and
materials with cost and quality impact. May provide leadership to
others in department.
- Acts as prime contact on high level projects.
- Establishes goals and objectives required to complete
- Trains and mentors less experienced employees.
- Shares specialized knowledge with others.
- Represents company on high-level projects.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
needed. Work assignments may include cross-functional (e.g.
quality, design, or test engineering) or project team
responsibilities. What we offer
- Interested in furthering your education? We offer up to $10,000
in tuition reimbursement per calendar year as well as education
- Work hard, play hard! We enjoy celebrating our employees for
all that they do. You can look forward to various social committee
activities throughout the year including an End-of-Year BBQ,
Halloween Contest, Holiday Party, etc.
- Dress for your Day - we offer flexibility in your options for
work attire including being able to wear jeans throughout the work
- We offer competitive vacation and 13 paid holidays - enjoy time
off with family and friends during the company-wide holiday shut
down at the end of the year.
- Take advantage of our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) which
is a free, confidential service provided to employees and their
family members to help deal with any personal problems at work or
- Employee discounts on various services (car purchases, computer
purchases, life adventures, etc.)
- 401(k) with a 5% matching contribution with immediate investing
in addition to a 3% RIA match (overall 8% company match)
- Competitive annual bonus incentive plan
- Comprehensive medical and dental including prescription drug
benefits and 100% preventive care.
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts.
- Refer a family member or friend and receive a generous award
for referrals that are hired (up to $4,000)!
Keywords: Parker Hannifin, Irvine , Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!