Plan Check Engineer (Part Time or Full Time)
Company: Cannon Corp
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Cannon CorpDescription: You'll Come for a Job But You'll Stay
for an Exciting Career!Engineering and Designing Reliable,
Responsive, Solutions.SINCE 1976, CANNON has provided creative
solutions to clients in the energy industry, water resources,
public infrastructure, and commercial and residential development.
We work hard. We play hard. We have fun.JOIN CANNON as a PLAN CHECK
ENGINEER (PART TIME OR FULL TIME) in IRVINE. Irvine offers warm
weather, beautiful scenery, and is a top bicycling city with miles
of on-road bicycle lanes and mountain bike trails. It is one of the
safest communities and the public schools have consistently ranked
among the best in California.PLAN CHECK ENGINEER JOB
SUMMARYResponsible for examining plans of commercial, industrial
and single and multi-family projects to determine conformance with
Orange County or surrounding counties, and City codes and
ordinances. Performs professional duties involving the review and
checking of plans including but not limited to, Hydrology and
Hydraulics, WQMP, LID, Site Grading, & SD (as needed).Possesses
communication, technical writing, and presentation skills, and is
capable of independently evaluating, selecting, and applying
engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria to projects.PLAN
CHECK ENGINEER JOB DUTIES
- Reviews engineering plans, reports, and supporting calculations
submitted for residential, commercial, and industrial developments
to ensure compliance with city and county design guidelines and
regulations (conditions of approval, master plans, low impact
- Checks for accuracy of design in conformance with City
Standards and Check Lists.
- Works independently and as a team member; recognizes and sets
priorities and meets deadlines.
- As needed, performs record keeping and documentation of plan
- As needed, monitors and updates plan check log on a weekly
basis in Microsoft Excel. Requirements:
- Requires bachelor's degree from an accredited college in civil
engineering or closely related field.
- Requires 5+ years' experience in civil engineering industry,
preparing studies such as Hydrology and WQMP.
- Preferred a minimum of 2 years' experience as a plan checker
reviewing plans and hydrology and WQMP reports and related grading
or improvement plans.
- Candidate must be familiar with computer operation (MS
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Professional appearance and interaction.
- Successful completion of EIT required; California PE is
preferred but not required.WE OFFER competitive salaries,
relocation assistance, excellent benefits package (if working 32+
hours/week), remote work flexibility, and an active and positive
team building, work environment.Equal Employment
Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
Keywords: Cannon Corp, Irvine , Plan Check Engineer (Part Time or Full Time), Engineering , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!