Transmission Engineer II
Company: TRC Companies, Inc.
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Overview: TRC Power Delivery offers a full range of design and
planning services for virtually any transmission or communication
line project. With transmission line experience, up to 500kV, and
ongoing fiber-optic communication projects completed nationwide,
TRC Power Delivery is adept at handling any linear project.Job
Function: Will function as a Transmission Engineer on assigned
projects of varying complexity. Position will be responsible for
new lines, relocations, upgrades and fiber optic attachment.Job
duties: Design or assist in the design of various transmission and
distribution line projects. Activities shall include, but not be
limited to the following:
- Preliminary design and budgetary estimate for projects ranging
from 115kV to 500kV to include planning and design for new lines,
relocations, upgrades and fiber optic attachment.
- Develop material lists in Excel spreadsheets
- Develop structure framing structure details, to include
specifying all parts, hardware, insulators and grounding details
for different pole materials, such as steel, round wood or
- Be familiar with environmental and licensing processes and how
to coordinate issues in the transmission line design process.
- Site new transmission line and be able to coordinate and asses
the impacts of real estate, licensing and environmental constraints
on the overall engineering process.
- Develop project schedule that incorporates all facets of
design, client reviews, licensing and all other activities for
successful project completion
- Develop plan & profile drawings under your direction.
- Develop a complete design package that incorporates all
necessary details for construction, such as work lists,
construction staking table, stringing sag charts, etc.
- Develop material and construction specifications
- Engineering calculations to assure safety and performance of
equipment and systems.
- Coordinating equipment delivery and design engineering to meet
- Assist in checking completed job for adequacy of design and
- Monitor the construction of transmission line project to ensure
compliance with plans and specifications. Activities may include,
but not be limited to, the following:
- Act as Resident Engineer on projects of any magnitude.
- Safety and Security -- Observes safety and security procedures;
Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports
potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials
- Interpret complex plans and specifications and apply available
information to ensure that all project design requirements are
- Maintain familiarity with appropriate engineering and
construction codes and ensure compliance with all codes.
- Assist in preparation and/or monitoring of complex construction
schedules to ensure timely completion of the work.
- Assist in on-site design or investigation work to ensure
adequacy of contractor's methods.
- Bachelor's Degree, Civil/Structural Engineering, or
- 5+ years experience within electrical transmission line design
- P.E. preferred, or EIT, with the ability to be certified as a
professional engineer as soon as eligible
- Proficiency with Power Line and Structure modeling for computer
aided and design development. PLS-CADD and associated modules
(POLE, TOWER), Excel, MFAD or Lpile, NESC.
- Knowledge in ACI, ASCE Pole manual, AISC Steel manual
preferred, but not required
- Familiarity with industry codes standards and practices for
electric utility practice.
- Interpersonal and communication skills. Demonstrated initiative
and ability to lead. Attention to detail.TRC is an equal
opportunity employer: disability/veteran. We celebrate diversity
and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all
Keywords: TRC Companies, Inc., Irvine , Transmission Engineer II, Engineering , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!