Company: B. Braun Medical
Posted on: June 24, 2022
B. Braun Medical, Inc.Manufacturing EngineerUS-CA-IrvineJob ID:
2022-21042Type: Regular Full-Time# of Openings: 1Category:
EngineeringIrvine FacilityOverviewAbout B. Braun B. Braun Medical
Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops,
manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services
to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include
nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound
care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating
preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and
environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in
Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in
the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap
- and CAPS -. Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs
more than 64,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing
Expertise - philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge
with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical
issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B.
Braun Medical, visit .ResponsibilitiesPosition Summary:
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Accountable for the performance of their assigned operational
area against key business objectives such as safety, quality,
compliance, and production costs/output
- Works closely with the Manufacturing, quality Engineering and
QC Process Control teams
- Drive peers to manage performance of equipment, systems, and
will work to improve the output, efficiency or quality of the
associated manufactured products.
- Evaluate complaint samples received from customers to support
effective investigation. Level of support required is based upon
product, technical and functional expertise.
- Coach and mentor peers to instill a quality mindset by strictly
following procedures, reporting issues and escalating as necessary
to ensure compliance.
- Demonstrate and encourage a culture of quality by stopping
processes when an issue is observed or reported with potential to
impact safety, quality and/or compliance.
- Monitor and trend financial data by respective functional area.
Identify opportunities to improve Manufacturing or business
processes. Implement actions that reduce waste, scrap and time,
etc., resulting in lower cost of goods sold.
- The Senior level position may act as a supervisor/mentor to
subordinate engineers and/or technicians. The job function listed
is not exhaustive and shall also include any responsibilities as
assigned by the Supervisor from time to time. Expertise: Knowledge
- Requires full working knowledge of relevant business practices
and procedures in professional field. Uses standard theories,
principles and concepts and integrates them to propose a course of
- Work under minimal supervision. Relies on experience and
judgement to plan and accomplish assigned goals. May periodically
assist in orienting, training , assigning and checking the work of
lower level employees. Referring only complex problems and
- Judgement is required in resolving all day-to-day
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads,
subordinates, and peers. Occasional contact with external
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 04-06 years related experience required.
- Applicable industry/professional certification preferred.
- Regular and predictable attendance While performing the duties
of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or
hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or
feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally
required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift
and/or move up to 20 pounds. . Additional Information
Responsibilities: Other Duties: The preceding functions have been
provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees
assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the
work assignments of different positions due to reasonable
accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is expected to:
- Heavy work - Exerting up to 60 lbs of force occasionally,
and/or up to 30 lbs of force frequently, and/or 20 lbs force
constantly to move objects.Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling and
- Frequently:Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull, Stand,
- Frequently:Handling, Push/pull, Reaching upward and downward,
Sitting , Standing, Talking - ordinary, loud/quick, Walking
- Constantly:N/AEnvironmental Conditions:
- Frequently:Proximity to moving parts
- Constantly:N/AWork Environment: The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise Intensity:Moderate
- Frequently:Office environment, Production/manufacturing
- Constantly:N/A What We OfferB. Braun offers an excellent
benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and
tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety
healthcare products or view a listing of our employment
opportunities, please visit us on the internet at
Through its Sharing Expertise - initiative, B. Braun promotes best
practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and
services.NoticesEqual Opportunity Employer Veterans/DisabledAll
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status,
age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other
legally protected status.PI182168959
Keywords: B. Braun Medical, Irvine , Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!