Company: B. Braun Medical
Posted on: May 15, 2022
B. Braun Medical, Inc.Engineering SpecialistUS-CA-IrvineJob ID:
2021-19016Type: Regular Full-Time# of Openings: 1Category:
ManufacturingIrvine FacilityOverviewAbout B. Braun B. Braun Medical
Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops,
manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services
to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include
nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound
care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating
preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and
environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in
Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in
the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap
- and CAPS -. Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs
more than 64,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing
Expertise - philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge
with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical
issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B.
Braun Medical, visit .ResponsibilitiesPosition Summary: Provide
Engineering support and project management skills toward the
design, development, installation, startup, validation and
maintenance of products, processes and equipment. Provide technical
experience within a specialty field(s). Responsibilities: Essential
- Analyzes existing equipment, processes, facilities,
infrastructure and systems to identify areas of improvement and
recommend solutions to optimize performance.
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert for designated systems/
technologies and provide technical recommendations
- Anticipate potential process related problems, risks and
technical conflicts and develop the necessary contingency plans to
improve business continuity.
- Performs troubleshooting and modifications to the automated
equipment adhering to Pharmaceutical and Medical Devices GMP change
control standards and policies.
- Creates and modifies system specifications and standard
operating procedures for the systems supported.
- Trains users and peers on systems.
- Supports software life cycle efforts.
- Contributes to development of continuous improvement to
- Documentation, testing, commissioning and validation support
- Provides project implementation support.
- Performs administrative, upgrades and maintenance tasks for
equipment/ control systems.
- Supervises consultants and contractors.
- Ability to manage medium complex projects without
- Support PIR and DN investigations.
- Support CAPA efforts as needed.
- Support optimization of the process with small capital
projects. The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also
include any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from
time to time. General:It shall be the duty of every employee while
at work to take reasonable care for safety and health of
himself/herself and other persons. Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Requires advanced knowledge of professional field and industry.
Influences the development of and drives the application of
principles, theories, concepts. Determines best course of
- Work under minimal supervision. Relies on experience and
judgement to plan and accomplish assigned goals. May periodically
assist in orienting, training, and/or reviewing the work of
- Judgement is required in resolving complex problems based on
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads,
subordinates, and peers. Frequent contact with external
- Manufacturing environment experience preferred.
- FDA/GMP experience preferred. QualificationsExpertise:
Qualifications -Education/Experience/Training/Etc Required:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 08-10 years related experience required.
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Occasional business travel required, Valid driver's license and
passport While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently
is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and
arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Additional Information Responsibilities: Other Duties: The
preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of
work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this
description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify,
change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due
to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical
Demands:While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly to move objects.Lifting, Carrying,
Pushing, Pulling and Reaching:
- Occasionally:Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull
- Frequently:Stand, Sit
- Occasionally:Handling, Push/pull, Reaching upward and
- Frequently:Sitting , Standing, Talking - ordinary, loud/quick,
- Constantly:N/AEnvironmental Conditions:
- Frequently:Proximity to moving parts
- Constantly:N/AWork Environment: The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise Intensity:Moderate
- Frequently:Office environment, Production/manufacturing
- Constantly:N/A What We OfferB. Braun offers an excellent
benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and
tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety
healthcare products or view a listing of our employment
opportunities, please visit us on the internet at
Through its Sharing Expertise - initiative, B. Braun promotes best
practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and
services.NoticesEqual Opportunity Employer Veterans/DisabledAll
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status,
age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other
legally protected status.PI177357077
Keywords: B. Braun Medical, Irvine , Engineering Specialist, Engineering , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!