Supplier Quality Engineer
Company: Eaton Corporation
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Eaton's Aerospace Division is currently seeking a Supplier
Quality Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our
Irvine, CA facility. Position Overview: This position provides
support and expertise in all aspects of Plant Quality Systems
functions. The Quality Systems include ISO 9001, AS9001, ISO 14001,
FAA 14 CFR 145, EASA:JAR 145.1 Certifications, and Eaton Quality
Management System. Main responsibilities include review and
assurance of compliance to Quality Systems, leading Quality
improvement initiatives, administering the Corrective Action
System, and coordinating and leading the Internal Audit System.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential-and where you can help us reach ours. In this
function you will:
- Plan, schedule, assist and provide professional support to all
functions regarding all types of quality audits. Ensure that timely
and accurate responses to findings noted during customer audits, to
include the initiation and verification of required corrective
actions along with the follow-up audits to issue conformance to
customer and regulatory requirements.
- Administer the Corrective Action Database for both internally
and externally issued corrective actions.
- Work closely with all other departments to alleviate quality
problems related to all aspects of Plant Operations.
- Develop and maintain quality assurance procedures that ensure
conformance to customer and regulatory requirements.
- Analyze, review, and recommend response to customer quality
requirements contained in contracts, purchase orders, and
specifications. Provide and recommend alternate means of compliance
to the stated requirements, or cost data on those requirements
- Participate on or Lead Internal Audit Teams and provide
expertise regarding the scheduling of Internal Audits, internal
audit techniques, reporting requirements, performance of audits,
audit reporting, and corrective action follow-up, as required.
- Function as Lead Auditor to perform quality system audits to
assess compliance to AS9100/ISO 9001 standards for new production
as well as FAA/EASA regulations and CASE requirements for the
- Host and support Internal, Customer, and Third-Party Audits as
- Analyze organizational quality metrics and performs periodic
reviews to evaluate results and recommends action plans to Quality
Manager to close gaps at an operational level.
- Contribute in using problem solving techniques and determining
containment and Corrective Action solutions with applicable
- Contribute in the design and implementation of quality
assurance training programs and conducts training in
- Perform other duties as assigned. When we embrace the different
ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we
- as individuals and as a company - are stronger -
QualificationsRequired (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum three (3) years of combined experience in quality,
manufacturing and/or engineering role working with quality
management systems (AS9100, ISO 9001).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without
corporate sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware
which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations
(ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of
ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent
Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only
candidates within a 50-mile radius of Irvine, CA will be
considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are
exempt from the geographical area limitation. Preferred
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Certified Quality Auditor
- Exposure to and knowledge of aerospace industry Customer and
- Knowledge of FAA/EASA regulations (e.g. 14 CFR Part 145, 14 CFR
Part 21, etc.).
- Previous work experience of problem solving methods such as:
Six Sigma, 8D, root cause analysis, and the associated statistical
tools used to analyze problems, evaluate and complete improvement
- Working knowledge of process auditing techniques to ensure
compliance to defined quality requirements.
- Previous work experience in Lean Manufacturing and Process
Variation Reduction concepts and tool sets as they relate to
process/product variability, and root cause and corrective action
- Familiarity with engineering design and product reliability
concepts and tool sets.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and Teams. #LI-RK3 We are
committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job
applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon
job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law. We provide
benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee
well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally,
but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at
participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching We make what matters work. Everywhere you
look-from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the
critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every
day-you'll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That's
why Eaton is dedicated to improving people's lives and the
environment with power management technologies that are more
reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what
matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of
the attributes that our employees embody. We're ethical,
passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we're committed
to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest
challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.Job:
QualityRegion: North America - US/Puerto RicoOrganization: AER FMC
Fuel Motion Control SystemsJob Level: Individual
ContributorSchedule: Full-timeIs remote work (i.e. working from
home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: NoDoes
this position offer relocation?: NoTravel: Yes, 10 % of the
Keywords: Eaton Corporation, Irvine , Supplier Quality Engineer, Engineering , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!