Power Equipment Engineer
Company: Crown Castle USA Inc
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Crown Castle works around the country to build and maintain the
infrastructure behind the world's most revolutionary technologies.
Crown Castle owns, operates and leases more than 40,000 cell towers
and over 80,000 route miles of fiber supporting small cells and
fiber solutions across every major US market. This nationwide
portfolio of communications infrastructure connects cities and
communities to essential data, technology and wireless service -
bringing information, ideas and innovations to the people and
businesses that need them. Crown Castle is an S&P 500 company
and one of the largest Real Estate Investment Trusts in the United
States with an enterprise value of more than $80 billion.
Position Title: Power Equipment Engineer - 5E
The Equipment Engineer is responsible for planning and engineering
the installation of network and telecommunications equipment at
Crown Castle Fiber facilities, Carrier Hotels, and ILEC Central
Offices. Day-to-day activities include writing detailed
installation specifications, ordering material, MOPS, and creating
the drawings associated with each. The Equipment Engineer will work
together with Operations, Fiber Engineering, SONET/DWDM
Engineering, and Facilities Management to insure on schedule
completion of projects. The Equipment Engineer will be responsible
for tracking all capital costs associated with projects, and insure
they remain within budgetary limits. The Equipment Engineer will
initiate and track all required capital activity request forms, and
all PO Requests to vendors required for the various projects. Upon
job completion, the EE will perform random quality inspections of
installations to insure they meet the Crown Castle Fiber standards,
and update all corporate records with new equipment and assignment
* Strong project management skills and the ability to work with and
direct others within the Crown Castle Fiber team. The ability to
lead inter-departmental teams - coordinate and lead weekly
project-based conference calls as necessary.
* Coordination of construction schedules and the necessary hardware
* Budgetary project tracking and adherence.
* The ability to write detailed technical installation
specifications, which may require researching manufacturer
installation guides for power and cabling requirements.
* Inventory list preparation and sourcing, staging of required
materials for pickup by vendors or internal resources.
* Knowledge of ILEC Installation Standards.
* Knowledge in AC power, DC battery power plants, DC BDFBs, and
power cable sizing.
* Experience and knowledge of Telecommunications record keeping and
standard drawings types - floor plans, face equipment drawings,
assignment charts, cabling running lists, etc The ability to create
these drawing from scratch for new locations.
* Professionalism in all customer contacts.
* Ability to hit the ground running in a fast paced environment
* Motivated, energetic, able to attend to a job site in a moment's
Education and Industry Experience
* A Bachelor's degree or a minimum of 5 years equivalent
* Experience working in Carrier Hotels and ILEC Central Office
* Knowledge of ILEC standards, documents, tariffs, and central
office installation procedures.
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Visio.
* Microsoft Project is a plus.
* Driver's license.
* Travel throughout the Crown Castle Fiber footprint is
Additional Information: Crown Castle is a federal contractor and
the COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of employment by your
start date to comply with Executive Order 14042.
Crown Castle is an equal opportunity employer
Keywords: Crown Castle USA Inc, Irvine , Power Equipment Engineer, Engineering , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!