Company: B. Braun - Irvine Facility
Posted on: January 13, 2022
B. Braun Medical Inc.Project EngineerUS-CA-IrvineJob ID:
2021-19473Type: Regular Full-Time# of Openings: 1Category:
EngineeringIrvine FacilityOverviewAbout B. Braun B. Braun Medical
Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops,
manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services
to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include
nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound
care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating
preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and
environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in
Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in
the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap
- and CAPS -. Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs
more than 64,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing
Expertise - philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge
with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical
issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B.
Braun Medical, visit .ResponsibilitiesPosition Summary: Provide
Engineering support, project management skills, and technical
experience within a specialty field(s). Responsible for functioning
as an individual contributor and subject matter expert for product
design life cycle management (Sustaining), and plastic IV bag
manufacturing processes. Provide engineering expertise toward the
design, development, evaluation, startup, verification,
maintenance, sustainability, and process optimization related to
new and existing IV products. Demonstrate engineering expertise
within the engineering field while working across a variety of
functional groups that are directly involved in site operations
across multiple disciplines and area. Responsibilities: Essential
- Assists with the completion of engineering projects. Reviews
project plans, proposals, and objectives.
- Assigns responsibilities and builds schedules based on project
- Designs and conducts tests to determine project progress.
- Determines and stays within budget.
- Works with outside vendors.
- Reports to management on progress.
- Recommends plan and schedule changes when necessary.
- Complies with state and federal regulations and ensures a clean
and safe environment. The job function listed is not exhaustive and
shall also include any responsibilities as assigned by the
Supervisor from time to time.General:It shall be the duty of every
employee while at work to take reasonable care for safety and
health of himself/herself and other persons. Expertise: Knowledge &
- Requires full working knowledge of relevant business practices
and procedures in professional field. Uses standard theories,
principles and concepts and integrates them to propose a course of
- Work under minimal supervision. Relies on experience and
judgement to plan and accomplish assigned goals. May periodically
assist in orienting, training, and/or reviewing the work of
- Judgement is required in resolving complex problems based on
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads,
subordinates, and peers. Frequent contact with external
contractors/vendors. Preferred Requirements:
- Green or Black belt and/or DMAIC process expertise
- PMP or project management experience highly desired.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering. QualificationsExpertise:
Qualifications -Education/Experience/Training/Etc Required:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 08-10 years related experience required.
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Occasional business travel required, Ability to work
non-standard schedule as needed While performing the duties of this
job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel
and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally
required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift
and/or move up to 20 pounds. Additional Information
Responsibilities: Other Duties: The preceding functions have been
provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees
assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the
work assignments of different positions due to reasonable
accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is expected to:
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly to move objects.Lifting, Carrying,
Pushing, Pulling and Reaching:
- Occasionally:Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull
- Frequently:Stand, Sit
- Occasionally:Handling, Push/pull, Reaching upward and
- Frequently:Sitting , Standing, Talking - ordinary, loud/quick,
- Constantly:N/AEnvironmental Conditions:
- Frequently:Proximity to moving parts
- Constantly:N/AWork Environment: The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise Intensity:Moderate
- Occasionally:Warehouse environment, Lab environment
- Frequently:Office environment, Production/manufacturing
- Constantly:N/A What We Offer..NoticesEqual Opportunity Employer
Veterans/DisabledAll qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin,
disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic
information, or other legally protected status.
Keywords: B. Braun - Irvine Facility, Irvine , Project Engineer, Engineering , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!