Cloud Security Engineer-OPEN TO 100% REMOTE
Company: H&R Block
Posted on: November 22, 2021
What You'll Do...
The cloud security engineer helps architect, deploy and operate a
secure cloud application infrastructure that aligns with business
needs. The position is responsible for supporting operational
innovation and providing security direction to the business to
elevate the company's security posture within a cloud computing
infrastructure. An advanced role, the cloud security engineer helps
deliver applications at scale and with resiliency to support
business initiatives. The cloud security engineer is also expected
to possess advanced administrative and troubleshooting skills, and
be knowledgeable about architecture, engineering and design
principles. The cloud security engineer should be adept at dealing
with disparate applications and data systems to maintain the level
of rigor required to adhere to business direction. Along with depth
of system coverage, the role requires planning and design of
policies and maintenance.
In tandem with security leadership, cloud security engineers
consistently assess the threat landscape and adapt quickly to
protect the business from risk. They must be highly technical and
possesses experience in security and systems administration across
a wide variety of cloud infrastructure, including software as a
service (SaaS), infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and platform as
a service (PaaS). They are also expected to have a strong work
ethic, leverage analytical and critical thinking, and be skillful
at meeting change requests at a moment's notice. Because the role
often interfaces with other business units, strong listening and
communication skills are expected.
Essential Job Duties
- Develop and maintain secure, resilient enterprise-grade cloud
processes in tandem with architects and system engineers.
- Secure business applications and computing environments across
public, private or hybrid cloud infrastructures.
- Protect business applications in compliance with privacy,
security, business resiliency and compliance frameworks as defined
in corporate policies.
- Maintain a consistent, secure environment using configuration
management solutions. Conduct rigorous oversight of security
systems and security configuration administration to reduce risk to
enterprise systems and accounts.
- Assist with development, maintenance and utilization of scripts
to support custom extract, transform load (ETL) tools with a
security focus for data flow.
- Attend regular technical project and implementation meetings,
and serve as the security consultant to help guide secure
application and infrastructure configurations.
- Actively monitor, assess and recommend tactical and strategic
initiatives based on new and emerging threats posing risk to cloud
- Manage remediation efforts after security assessment findings
outline weaknesses requiring attention.
- Document, formulate and enforce areas of security improvement
that balance risk with business operations and do not diminish
efficiencies or innovation.
- Assist in maintaining strong oversight with cloud computing
vendors and solution providers to safeguard against undue risk
presented by external entities. Escalate to security management and
business unit leads when points of weakness are discovered.
- Stay apprised of current and proposed security changes
impacting regulatory, privacy and security industry best practice
guidance. Apply learned knowledge across key lines of business,
including products, practices and procedures.
- Attend and fully engage in change and project management
Skills And Experience
What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent through
a combination of education and related work experience.
- 3 years Minimum related work experience
- Strong Linux and Windows support skills.
- Familiarity with cloud networking architecture and cloud
operations, with cloud access security broker (CASB).
- Network and encryption familiarity, including virtual private
networks (VPNs), IPsec, SSL/TLS, LDAP and public key infrastructure
- Familiarity with security solutions & tools.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Ruby,
- Familiarity with the use of threat intelligence services in a
- Understanding of ISO 27001/2, ITIL or NIST.
- Up-to-date understanding of a wide-range of incident response,
system configuration, vulnerability management and hardening
- Track record of acting with integrity, taking pride in work,
seeking to excel, being curious and adaptable, and communicating
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities to manage complex local
and international security requirements.
- Self-motivated and -directed, well-organized and able to
position controls in anticipation of threats.
- Successful track record collaborating with technical and
non-technical teams to promote ideas to support business
- Experience writing technical documentation.
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire
confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our
work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and
homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard
Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to
approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and
around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the
momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry
and is now leading its transformation.
Keywords: H&R Block, Irvine , Cloud Security Engineer-OPEN TO 100% REMOTE, Engineering , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!