Engineer 2-3, Product (SafetyDirect) #374
Company: Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems LLC,
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Want to help shape tomorrow?-- At Bendix we---ve been doing it
for 90 years---setting the standard with advanced dynamic solutions
that drive improved commercial vehicle performance and safety.--
We---re part of the Knorr-Bremse Group, the global leader in
braking technologies. As part of our team, you---ll collaborate
with a world of talented and dedicated colleagues whose sense of
purpose complements your own. You---ll find rewarding
opportunities, diverse experiences, partnerships, and an unwavering
commitment to ethics and integrity. Innovation is part of our DNA.
Achievement drives our culture. Learn more today!
www.bendix.com/careers Product Engineer 2-3, Safety Direct Position
Summary:-- This position is responsible for the ongoing maintenance
and development of existing products in the product line of Vision
and Data; AutoVue Lane Departure System, SDP3, SDP5 and
SafetyDirect. The responsibilities will include new product
development to satisfy the evolving customer needs and release
management of sustaining product improvements over the entire
product line.-- Essential Functions:--
- As part of a product team, develop and maintain current and
future product releases.
- Work with Bendix OEM customer teams and Bendix OEM customers to
- Understand the OEM requirements
- Explain/demonstrate how current and planned Bendix products
meet those requirements
- Communicate new requirements to Product Managers and Product
- Manage the Bendix change process to implement new
- Introduce new and changed products at the OEM
- Specific tasks include
- Perform project management tasks - maintain project status and
milestones; report out to management; anticipate workload,
potential delays, potential problems.
- Develop product functional and technical requirements based on
feedback from vehicle OEMs and users, and competitive analysis and
- Interface with the hardware, software, and web development
teams to ensure that all requirements are properly
- Insure that all requirements (customer, internal, system,
design and test) are properly maintained in the requirements
- Create test plans based on product requirements, oversee
testing, interpret results and document design qualification
- Author product specifications, component drawings and test
- Participate in the development of DFMEAs (including linkage
activity of S/C---s and C/C---s --- critical characteristics) and
other safety-related analyses.
- Participate in the implementation of functional safety
requirements in accordance with ISO 26262.
- Interface with advanced manufacturing engineers, quality
engineering, and plant engineering to implement needed
modifications to plant assembly lines and test procedures.
- Interface with plant quality to support the first article
approval and PPAP processes.
- Support regularly scheduled telecons with OEM customers.
- Analysis of End-Of-Line rejects and warranty returns; synthesis
and implementation of solutions.
- This position may require some travel to work with engineering
teams at Bendix in Elyria, Ohio.
- This position may require some travel to Bendix production
facilities in Huntington, Indiana.
- This position may require some travel to OEM and fleet customer
facilities in the US and Mexico. Knowledge:--
- Knowledge of ISO/QS9000 Total Quality processes preferred.
- Knowledge of Bendix / Knorr production processes and design
- Knowledge of industry standard documents such as SAE J1455 and
- Knowledgeable in mechanical, environmental, electrical, and
vehicle test processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of SAE J1939 operation and testing preferred.
- Engineering change processes understanding is required;
configuration management tools and design documentation including
creation and/or checking of drawings.
- Five years of automotive industry or commercial vehicle
- Product development and launch preferred, including:
development of specifications, DFMEAs, and DVP&Rs, basic
exposure to and interface with PPAP process; Interfacing with
- Validation testing including mechanical, electrical, climatic
environments with system and vehicle-level experience.
- Experience with global product development teams
- Current product support, including: statistical analysis of
production data, design of experiments, component failure analysis,
and maintenance of specifications, drawings, and Bills of material.
- Familiar with the Microsoft Office suite, including
- Familiar with common engineering tools (ERP --- SAP,
- Effective--communicating with customers.
- Self-starter / self-motivating.
- Capable of multi-tasking and adapting to changing
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Solid analytical skills.
- Good organizational skills, capable of maintaining schedules
and communicating progress to management.
- Outstanding professional presence Education:--
- Bachelor---s degree in Engineering required; Master---s degree
in related profession a plus. Project Management Professional (PMP)
or equivalent preferred.-- Position Requirements:-- The demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job.-- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. What does
Bendix have to offer you?
- Work/life balance that includes Paid Vacation & Holiday Paid
- 401k Plan with Company matching
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement)
- Wellness Program and incentives
- Telework policy
- On-Site Fitness Center
- On-Site Cafeteria with Healthy menu options
- Health and Welfare Insurance Benefits that start on your 1st
day of employment:
- Company-Paid Benefits:
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Short Term Disability
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Voluntary Employee-Paid Benefits:
- Medical and Prescription insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance Plans
- Supplemental AD&D insurance for Employee and Family
- Long Term Disability
- Accident Plan
- Critical Illness Plan
- Hospital Indemnity Plan Job Requirements:Required
Keywords: Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems LLC,, Irvine , Engineer 2-3, Product (SafetyDirect) #374, Engineering , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!