Principal R&D Implant Engineer, Advanced Technology
Company: Edwards Lifesciences Gruppe
Posted on: November 19, 2021
We have made changes to enhance your experience. If you have
applied for a job previously, you will need to create a new
account. Thank you for your patience. Principal R&D Implant
Engineer, Advanced Technology USA - California - Irvine Edwards
Lifesciences is seeking a Principal Engineer to provide expertise
in the design, optimization, testing, and manufacturing of novel
Nitinol implantable medical devices that provide solutions to
patients suffering from structural heart disease. The position is
on a fast-paced, early product development team in Edwards
Lifesciences' Advanced Technology division. This is a high
visibility and high impact career growth opportunity working on
cutting edge therapy development and technology.
- Initiate and lead in the design, optimization, testing, and
manufacturing of implantable medical devices. This includes
developing design requirements, generating design concepts and
prototypes, pre-clinical evaluations, and manufacturing
- Oversee R&D support tasks while mentoring and guiding
engineers on design, manufacturing, and experimental testing and
- Interface with and lead cross-functional teams - Manufacturing,
Quality, and Regulatory - to ensure compliance with internal and
regulatory policies and standards.
- Work closely with clinical, engineering, and physician training
partners in pre-clinical and clinical environments with strong
knowledge and understanding of cardiovascular anatomy and
structural heart therapy.
- Proactively identify issues, achieve resolution, and resolve
problems of highly significant complexity on designing and testing
parts, components and subsystems Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Scientific field and a
minimum of 8 years experience, including either industry or
industry/education is required or
- Master's Degree or equivalent in Engineering or Scientific
field and a minimum of 7 years experience, including either
industry or industry/education is required or
- Ph.D. or equivalent in Engineering or Scientific field and a
minimum of 4 years experience, including either industry or
industry/education is required
- Creative design experience is required using Creo Parametric
(preferred) or Solidworks - experience designing test fixtures,
manufacturing aids, and implantable medical devices.
- Experience with hands-on metal (Nitinol preferred)
manufacturing and processing required - e.g. fabrication, laser
cut, annealing, electropolishing.
- Experience communicating design and manufacturing requirements
to Nitinol manufacturing preferred.
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis and Fatigue/Reliability
- Experience developing interventional class III medical devices
- Medical device experience in new product development with
successful design from concept to First in Human is required.
Experience in commercialization of implantable medical devices is
- Must be able to demonstrate strong skills as an innovator and
problem solver with an ability to rapidly iterate and react to
clinical device feedback.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills, particularly a
strong history with mentoring junior engineers or leading small
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability of sound
engineering decision making.
- Preferred background in cardiovascular anatomy and physiology E
dwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Posted 2 Days Ago Full time Req-9753 About Us Edwards Lifesciences
is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for
structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical
monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company
collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to
address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes
and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards
Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe,
Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000
individuals worldwide.-- For us, helping patients is not a slogan -
it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or
repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that
monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on
helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.
Keywords: Edwards Lifesciences Gruppe, Irvine , Principal R&D Implant Engineer, Advanced Technology, Engineering , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!