Sr Data Engineer
Posted on: April 5, 2021
We are at the forefront of change in this rapidly evolving
lending market. mello---, the Greek word for "future," was the
product of a recent $80+ million dollar investment in research &
development to transform & streamline the home buying process into
a digital experience like no other competitor offers. But mello---
is just the beginning--- loanDepot will continue to invest in
developing our own advanced technology ecosystem built around
serving our customers & enabling our valued employees to provide
exceptional service. We have funding, we have opportunities, you
have ideas-it's a perfect match. Come join us!loanDepot - We are
America's Lender.Position Summary:Responsible for delivering
senior-level innovative, compelling, coherent software solutions
for our consumer, internal operations and value chain constituents
across a wide variety of enterprise applications through the
creation of discrete business services and their supporting
components. The job duties and requirements are defined for the
backend. The senior role provides technical leadership and
mentorship to junior team members. This position ensures the
performance of all duties in accordance with the company's policies
and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations,
wherein the company operates.Responsibilities:
- Designs, develops and delivers solutions that meet business
line and enterprise requirements.
- Creates enterprise-grade application services.
- Participates in rapid prototyping and POC development
- Advances overall enterprise technical architecture and
implementation best practices.
- Assists in efforts to develop and refine functional and
- Participates in iteration and release planning.
- Performs functional and non-functional testing.
- Contributes to overall enterprise technical architecture and
implementation best practices.
- Informs efforts to develop and refine functional and
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and
responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations
and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Strong ability to produce high-quality, properly functioning
deliverables the first time.
- Delivers work product according to established deadlines.
- Estimates tasks with a level of granularity and accuracy
commensurate with the information provided.
- Works collaboratively in a small team.
- Excels in a rapid iteration environment with short turnaround
- Deals positively with high levels of uncertainty, ambiguity,
and shifting priorities.
- Accepts a wide variety of tasks and pitches in wherever
- Constructively presents, discusses and debates
- Takes shared ownership of the product.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Takes direction from team leads and upper management.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional /
non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements:
automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing
infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction,
transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data
sources using SQL, Azure and Snowflake technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide
actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational
efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data
and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and
support their data infrastructure needs.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members
that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an
innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater
functionality in our data systems.Requirements:
- Experience in the Mortgage industry preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree is required, and/or a minimum of four (4) +
related work experience.
- 5+ years of experience designing enterprise database systems
using Microsoft SQL Server preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with advanced queries, stored
procedures, views, triggers, etc.
- 5+ years of experience with indexing and normalization.
- 5+ years of experience of performance tuning queries.
- 5+ years of experience of both DDL and DML.
- 5+ years of experience of database administration
- Experience with Cloud technologies - Azure, AWS, Snowflake is
- Experience with SSAS Cubes, SSAS Tabula is a plus.
- Experience with Replication and Streaming is a plus.
- Experience in Visual Studio 2013/2015/2016 and ETL/ELT tools -
SSIS, Informatica Cloud to develop enterprise ETL processes.
- Understanding of data mart and data warehousing concepts
including variant schemas (Star, Snowflake).
- Deep understanding of one or more source/version control
systems. Develops branching and merging strategies.
- Working understanding of Web API, REST, JSON.
- Working understanding of unit testing creation.The Perks:
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental &
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional
voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- DTO in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for America's Lender under the vision
of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
disability status.#LI-SSPM17 PI133304600
Keywords: loanDepot, Irvine , Sr Data Engineer, Engineering , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!