Senior Principal Engineer - Data Scientist
Company: PARKER HANNIFIN CORP
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Location : Irvine, CA, United States
Job Family : Engineering
Job Type : Regular
Posted : Feb 2, 2021
Job ID : 20315
- Parker Aerospace, an operating segment of Parker Hannifin
Corporation, is one of the world's leading producers of flight
control, hydraulic, fuel, inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal
management, and engine systems and components for the aerospace
industry. We design and build equipment for virtually every
aircraft and aero engine being produced in the world today.
- In addition to game-changing technology, our customers look to
us for shorter lead times, lower costs, higher reliability, and
lifetime support. All coupled with the positive attitude and
innovative thinking of a true business partner.
- Parker Aerospace provides unmatched performance for both our
customers and shareholders, built on a foundation of integrity,
innovation, and customer satisfaction. As a result, our business
has seen consistent growth and, best of all, our team members share
in Parker's success.
- Parker Aerospace is seeking a highly motivated Data Scientist
to support our engineering, sales, leadership, and marketing teams
with insights gained from analyzing company data. The ideal
candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities
for product and process optimization and using models to test the
effectiveness of different courses of action. They must have strong
experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods,
using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models,
using/creating algorithms, and creating/running simulations. They
must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and
functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for
discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with
stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify
opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business
- Create databases with the appropriate schemas
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive
optimization and improvement of product development, marketing
techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and
data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize product
performance and customer experiences
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models
and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model
performance and data accuracy.Work Authorization:
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements,
therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. -- 120.15 is
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python,
SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques
(clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks,
etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts
(regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and
proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for
coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and
- We're looking for someone with 5-7 years of experience
manipulating data sets and building statistical models, has a
Master's or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or
another quantitative field, and is familiar with the following
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining
techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text
mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer
languages: R, Python, SLQ, etc.
- Experience using MATLAB.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning
algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario
analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks,
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce,
Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using:
Periscope, Business Objects, D3, ggplot, etc.
- Ability to travel 10% - 20% of the timeFounded in 1917, Parker
Hannifin Corporation is a $13.7 billion, global company.With annual
sales of $13.7 billion in fiscal year 2020, Parker Hannifin is the
world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control
technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions
for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The
company has operations in 49 countries around the world. Parker has
increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 63
consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running
dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index. Parker's
engineering expertise and broad range of core technologies uniquely
positions the company to solve some of the world's greatest
engineering challenges. By partnering with customers, Parker
improves their productivity and profitability and seeks new ways to
solve humanity's biggest challenges.Parker is an Equal Opportunity
and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring
equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and
employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons
regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity,
genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected
by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most
positions. ("Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal
Contractor")If you would like more information about Equal
Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to
Keywords: PARKER HANNIFIN CORP, Irvine , Senior Principal Engineer - Data Scientist, Engineering , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!