Ground Station RF Engineer
Company: Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems, Inc.
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems is a worldwide leader in small
spacecraft manufacturing, and offers its customers turn-key small
spacecraft solutions, extending all the way to on-orbit operations.
In order to support this, Tyvak maintains a global network of
high-performance, satellite ground stations that serve our fleet of
orbiting spacecraft and is seeking engineers to work on maintaining
and expanding this mission critical platform. The Tyvak Ground
Network currently supports a variety of customers and missions,
with end uses far beyond the Aerospace industry.
Ground Station RF engineers will be expected to periodically travel
to ground station sites, perform remote and in-situ
troubleshooting, and aid in the deployment of new systems.
Specific responsibilities include
- Monitor, assess and maintain the operational health of the
worldwide network of ground stations.
- Perform, evaluate, and contribute to maintenance and anomaly
- Serve periodically on-call as first responder to ground station
issues that may arise
- Travel to and perform maintenance and repair on remote ground
station sites. Travel expected to include no more than 8 weeks per
- Perform system performance analysis tasks, which may include
long term trending, statistical, or RF link-budget analyses
- Planning and coordinating activities with contractors and
- Support the development of new sites and the deployment of new
antennas, with an emphasis on RF design theory.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or
equivalent work experience
- Proficiency in at least one Object Oriented programming /
scripting language (python preferred)
- Proficiency with the Linux command line environment
- Experience working with RF equipment and components with an eye
toward in-field assembly
- Familiarity with RF theory, particularly with respect to
- Attention to detail, ability to write and keep excellent
- Strong fundamental understanding of computer networking
- Good communication skills required, including the ability to
express ideas clearly both verbally and in writing in time critical
- Highly motivated, self-starting, and able to perform duties
autonomously without supervision
- Experience with industry standard bug tracking and knowledge
retention tools (Atlassian Suite preferred)
- US Citizenship Required, and the ability to obtain a US
- May require up to 10% International Travel to Europe, Middle
East, Asia, and South America.
- Competitive health benefits, including 100% Company Paid
Medical PPO plan for Employees and Dependents.
- Generous Paid Company Holiday schedule.
- Paid Time Off Package.
Keywords: Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems, Inc., Irvine , Ground Station RF Engineer, Engineering , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!