R&D Engineer I #: 21-02326
Company: TalentBurst, an Inc 5000 company
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Position: R&D Engineer I, Req#:
Location: Irvine, CA
Duration: 6+ Months Contract
This role will be onsite 50% of the time minimum, likely more
The Sustaining R&D Engineer role is a key technical function
that supports manufacturing sites and divisional functions,
globally. This candidate will be responsible for owning existing
product designs for Critical Care Operations Engineering. In this
role, this candidate will guide the establishment, evaluation, and
reporting of test criteria to assess device performance. The team
works in a collaborative and dynamically challenging environment
with cross-functional partners to define and accomplish the
development and validation strategies.
The Sustaining R&D Engineer is a key technical role that
supports manufacturing sites and divisional functions. This
position is responsible for owning existing product designs for
Critical Care Operations Engineering. This person will guide the
establishment and evaluation of test criteria and test method
development to establish the device's performance. This person will
collaborate within a cross-functional team to define and accomplish
the development and validation strategies.
Education And Experience
- A Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering
with a minimum of 1-2 years of engineering experience; or Master's
Degree in Mechanical Engineering. Other relevant engineering
degrees will be considered.
- Internship/ Co-op experience will count towards years of
- Must be able to execute tasks and problem solve/utilize
critical thinking- a self-starter
- Experience generating and validating test methods.- DV testing
- CAD Experience- Familiar with reading drawings
- Leadership skills- owning small projects
- Experience with laboratory tests measurement devices such as
pressure transducers, flow sensors, electrical testing, and data
- Strong understanding of engineering fundamentals, and an
ability to deconstruct real-world issues into root engineering
- Robust statistical skills and analytical thinking.
- Must be able to work with moderate supervision, think
critically, and communicate effectively.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are
- Speaking Spanish is a plus
- Traveling is 10% - 20%- possible business trip to Puerto Rico
or the Dominican Republic
- Good computer skills in usage of MS Office Suite including MS
Project; CAD experience preferred (if applicable)
- Basic documentation, communication (e.g., written and verbal),
and interpersonal relationship skills
- Basic understanding of statistical techniques
- Previous experience working with lab/industrial equipment
preferred (if applicable)
- Good understanding and knowledge of principles, theories, and
concepts relevant to Engineering
- Good problem-solving, organizational, analytical, and critical
- Good understanding of processes and equipment used in assigned
- Knowledge of and adherence to Edwards Environmental Health and
Safety and Quality guidelines as they relate to department
cleanroom medical device manufacturing
- Strict attention to detail
- Ability to interact professionally with all organizational
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced
- Must be able to work in a team environment, including immediate
supervisor and other team members in the section or group; and may
interact with vendors
- Ability to build stable working relationships internally
- Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate
control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as
well as to the protection of the environment and prevention of
pollution under their span of influence/control Key
- Develop, evaluate, and report device performance testing.
- Maintain accurate documentation of concepts, designs, drawings,
- Execute validations of equipment and testing procedures.
- Perform root cause analysis and/or engineering studies to
estimate design variation and develop acceptable design
- Solve design, process, and testing problems at the component
through system level.
- Answering questions from regulatory agencies during submissions
to international countries.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Job #:
Keywords: TalentBurst, an Inc 5000 company, Irvine , R&D Engineer I #: 21-02326, Engineering , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!