Lead Network Engineer
Company: International Vitamin Corporation
Posted on: September 15, 2020
As the Lead Network Engineer within IVC's Information Technology
team, this individual plays a critical role working closely with
the business and across the Information Technology organization
defining, delivering and supporting IT technical solutions and
supporting roadmaps. In summary this position: establishes network
standards, analyzes and resolves complex network related problems,
analyzes and tests all elements of the network infrastructure,
designs secure global networks and establishes standards based on
- Defines network business requirements and implements effective
global network strategies.
- Designs secure network solutions that maximize the sharing of
applications, information, and resources across the company.
- Coordinates with multiple vendors/departments to procure
network-related hardware, software, and services.
- Investigates and resolves problems, inefficiencies, and
- Creates and shares roadmap and technical support to determine
network business needs throughout the company.
- Evaluates, tests, recommends, and implements specific network
- Researches emerging network technologies and makes
recommendations based on future business needs.
- Schedules and coordinates installation and maintenance of
standard software/hardware on the network and ensures compatibility
of all communications and computer hardware/software.
- Provides ongoing information to leadership, customers, and
peers regarding health of the environment, enhancements,
innovations and secure network solutions.
- Designs and manages a nationwide network infrastructure, with
- Responsible for complex testing and analysis of all elements of
the network facilities.
- Involved in developing, modifying and executing IVC
- May develop network standards for global adoption.
- Provides input for performance evaluations of less-experienced
- Consistently provides guidance and project direction to
- Manages projects and motivates project team for continued
attainment of business goals.
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of business/user
- Independently analyzes and provides innovative solutions to
network engineering and design projects.
- Consistently applies business knowledge in the design of
- Conducts senior leader presentations.
- Designs and manages global network infrastructure.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Undergraduate degree and 10+ years relevant experience
or Graduate degree and 6+ years relevant experience.
- PCNSE: Palo Alto Certified Network Security Expert
- CCNP: Cisco Certified Network Professional (Routing &
Skills & Knowledge: Knowledge of system development methodology,
project management, analytical/problem solving skills and relevant
development and technology skills.
- Organizational expert within defined subject area.
- Integrates deep subject matter expertise with:
o Industry experience.
o In-depth knowledge of professional standards and trends within
area of expertise.
o Relevant related disciplines.
o Business goals and strategy.
- Understands impact of emerging business trends and their
implications for the company and its customers.
- Develops advanced/leading-edge technologies and/or
- Possesses and applies advanced knowledge of network related
processes and procedures to the completion of the most complex
- Knowledge of advanced network diagnostic tools.
- Possesses knowledge, skills and abilities required to resolve
most complex network related problems.
- Serves as a technical mentor to others and guides less
experienced engineers and technicians in resolving complex
- Ability to function as one of IVC's top level technical
- Ability to apply expert knowledge of network engineering to the
most complex problems and to direct, train, and guide less
- Expert proficiency of network concepts and solutions and
implications for security (AD, Topology Mgmt, VLAN's, Software
Defined Networks and micro segmentation (e.g., VMWare NSX), Routing
Protocols (e.g., OSPF, BGP), QOS, SD-WAN, MPLS, DNS, Scripting,
UTM, Next Generation Firewalls (e.g., Palo Alto), IDS/IPS, DMZ,
VPN, Wireless Networks 802.11a, 802.11b/g/n, and/or 802.11ac, ISE
and Network Penetration testing).
- Effective communication skills and ability to influence
executives. Advanced knowledge and adaptation of emerging
technologies and frameworks to reduce costs, effort and
- Excellent mentoring skills for developing less senior
- Advanced proficiency in the establishing and implementing
general IT control processes such as access, backup & recovery, and
Language and Communication Skills: Must possess excellent
facilitation and communication skills, and able to adapt to the
level and nature of their audience.
Keywords: International Vitamin Corporation, Irvine , Lead Network Engineer, Engineering , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!