Assistant Clinical Director RN, Emergency Services and Education (Irvine)
Company: Michigan Chapter American Academy of Pediatrics.
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Assistant Clinical Director RN, Emergency Services and Education
(Irvine) Details Posted: 28-Sep-22Location: Irvine,
CaliforniaCategories: General Nursing Internal Number: 1101426 For
one or more units within a 7 day/24 hour department providing
direct patient care, emergency medicine and nursing services (which
may be at multiple locations): assists the Clinical Director in the
planning, development, implementation, delivery and
evaluation/improvement of quality patient care, nursing and
emergency services that add value and are integrated with emergency
nursing standards of practice, service priorities and
performance/outcomes measures, as well as with strategic, business
and organizational goals/objectives. Ensures multi-disciplinary
teams/staff provide high quality, accessible, cost effective care
and patient-focused services. Supervises clinical standards of care
and nursing practice; responsible for resource budgeting, staff
selection and development within assigned unit(s) which may include
one or more of the following: day/evening/night emergency medical
services, urgent care, after hours medical clinic, surgical walk-in
clinic, triage/assessment, emergency call desk, observation/short
stay diagnostic unit. These positions are distinguished from other
ambulatory care assistant manager jobs by the emergency services
departments 24 hours of operation; greater volume and acuity of
presenting patients; greater integration of services with
admitting, inpatient/outpatient services and outside hospitals;
greater medical-legal accountability.This position is for Emergency
- Within assigned unit(s) supervises the delivery of emergency
nursing and patient care services which are integrated with
business/departmental plans and meet or exceed cost, quality,
clinical and utilization standards/performance measures.
- Ensures that assigned unit(s) services meet member, physician
and internal clients needs.
- Supervises one or more department units (8 to 24 hours) and
ensures patient care and quality standards are met and comply with
federal, state and local regulatory requirements and established
departmental policies and procedures, utilization and
clinical/performance standards and measures.
- Supervises and ensures continuous improvement of all assigned
clinical practices, services and operations by designing and
implementing systems, processes and methods to evaluate and improve
patient care within assigned unit(s).
- Supervises day-to-day operations of the unit(s) including
practice standards, staffing, payroll, budgets, fiscal management
and quality improvement.
- Develops and implements action plans to improve staff
development and the delivery of patient care.
- Ensures multi-disciplinary teams/staff provide the highest
quality of care and are in compliance with the Nursing Practice
Act, JCAHO, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Develops and manages the units budget for the appropriate use
of human and material resources.
- Monitors financial performance and identifies and implements
strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of
- Monitors the allocation and utilization of unit(s)
- Determines the appropriate staff mix based on changes in
patient population and provides the appropriate level of services
while identifying savings opportunities.
- Ensures on-going staff development.
- Coordinates with healthcare providers outside the unit(s) to
achieve optimal patient care across the continuum.
- Researches, identifies and implements best practice models
developed within unit(s) or by other units.
- Investigates and resolves patient/family/member concerns
regarding patient care and services.
- Supervises day-to-day operations of assigned unit(s) including
human resource management, labor relations, department and employee
safety programs and risk management. Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum three (3) years of RN emergency or critical care
nursing experience required,
- Minimum two (2) years supervisory experience in healthcare, or
charge RN experience within the last five (5) years.
- BSN or bachelors degree in a relevant field required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
License, Certification, Registration
- Registered Nurse License (California) required at hire OR
Registered Nurse License (in the state where care is provided)
- Basic Life Support required at hire from American Heart
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support required at hire from American
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support required at hire from American
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of quality improvement and
clinical care processes; staffing and budgeting; Nurse Practice
Act, The Joint Commission, and other local, state, federal
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Supervisory experience in a healthcare setting.
- Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) and/ or Certified Nurse Manager
- BSN required
- MSN and CEN preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of formal teaching experience
Keywords: Michigan Chapter American Academy of Pediatrics., Irvine , Assistant Clinical Director RN, Emergency Services and Education (Irvine), Education / Teaching , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!