Graphic Designer, Diablo
Company: Activision Blizzard
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Graphic Designer, Diablo
Job Title: Graphic Designer, Diablo
Reporting To: Senior Design Lead
Department: Creative Services
Location: Irvine, CA
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of
epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and
studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across
corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human
Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global
headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility,
creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience.
To learn more, check us out at or on Twitter .
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a graphic designer to join
the Diablo team. We are looking for someone that exhibits a clear
passion for creativity, problem-solving, video games, music,
movies, and other elements of pop culture.
We are looking for a someone who is: passionate about design, can
articulate the brand's objectives through high-quality visual
content, seeks out opportunities to learn/grow/innovate,
understands the value of process, maintains a high level of
attention to detail and who wants to play an important role for the
This role provides support services to all engaged departments: PR,
Marketing, Production and development studios to produce
high-quality art assets. Typical end use will include, but is not
limited to, editorial, social, marketing and internal use.
This is an opportunity for a talented, hardworking and proactive
individual to grow and develop in a fast-paced environment while
contributing to a wide range of exciting franchises.
- Work closely with the Diablo Creative Lead to conceptualize and
design for digital and social media ad campaigns. Commits to
delivering on-time, high-quality assets that adhere to the Diablo
- Active contribution to a variety of brand initiatives that
include light motion work, program logos, style guides, social
media, maintaining community blog assets, high-level presentations
as well as support the wider team with in-game build captures.
- Partner with internal/external teams to analyze provided data
and help collaborate/innovate design solutions to achieve project
- Maintain the visual aesthetic and spirit of the Diablo brand
while maintaining your personal design perspective.
- Work with other team members to develop efficiencies within the
workflow while developing Blizzard-quality creative assets.
- Have 3+ years working in Graphic/Motion Design or related
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, After Effects, Animate or
- High levels of creativity, and demonstrated ability to generate
innovative concepts, designs, and ideas within the timing and scope
of a project.
- Knowledge of social media platforms, associated media
requirements and best practices.
- Animate and bring to life from concept and storyboard for
social media ads, animated/video social media posts and
- Understanding of design fundamentals and the ability to apply
Blizzard brand values on a wide variety of projects.
- Understanding and familiarity with Diablo lore, game history
and design themes.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.Pluses
- Proficiency in HTML5/CSS
- 3D, especially Maya, C4D etc.
- A passion for Diablo, esports, video games, music, movies,
graphic novels, and other elements of pop culture.
- Have familiarity of Diablo gameplay.
- A passion for story, art and conceptual thinking.
- Experience with illustration and color theory.Submission /
- Cover Letter is required
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website,
blog or online album).
- Be willing to complete a test if requested to do so
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's
largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and
is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We
are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises
including Call of Duty--, World of Warcraft--, Overwatch--,
Diablo--, Candy Crush--- and Bubble Witch---. Our combined
entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly
active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network
on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced
by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to
have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and
engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of
benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being
for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and
will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities
of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time
to promote and support our business and relationships with industry
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or
any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be
discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Activision Blizzard, Irvine , Graphic Designer, Diablo, Design, Graphic Design & CAD , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!