Business Analyst-Operational Reporting (Hybrid)
Company: West Coast University
Posted on: November 25, 2022
*\*\*This is a Hybrid role where you will work in the office 3
days/week and from your home office 2 days/week.*
* The Business Analyst works with key stakeholders to evaluate
business and application processes and proposes solutions that
improve organizational efficiency through enhanced operational
reporting and reducing organizational risk in a highly regulated
* The position gathers requirements, creates business requirements
documentation, and works with a team to deliver reporting solutions
that align with business requirements while ensuring integrity of
system data and compliance with all regulatory guidelines.
* The results-oriented position provides excellent customer service
and standards in support of the organizations mission.
* The Business Analyst will act as the link between our technical
capacities and our business objectives working to improve business
efficiency with cost effective operational reporting solutions.
* The position is also responsible for providing support and
maintenance to critical enterprise applications and integrated
* Supports work for multiple projects, from analyzing requirements
to designing, testing, deploying and supporting users on a solution
that meet those requirements.
* Documents business requirements based on customer requests to
guide development of delivery of operational reporting
* Understands business requirements to set functional
specifications for reporting applications.
* Collaborates with teams across the organization while evaluating,
developing, and delivering solutions. Provides clear communication
and progress updates to internal teams and customers.
* Tests, debugs, and evaluates enterprise software upgrade releases
reporting issues to vendors and documenting end user training
materials, guides and report definitions.
* Interacts with development teams while reviewing, testing, coding
and delivering final project.
* Extract data from Enterprise databases and other data source to
create ad-hoc and organizational reports and dashboards.
* Supports, troubleshoots, and resolves customer reported issues on
enterprise solutions on a daily basis.
* Maintain a deep awareness of the how the business operation
* Builds and maintains a detailed understanding of the critical
data elements and how the business uses that data to improved
* Interacts weekly with external vendor support teams of enterprise
* Maintains system data security, confidentiality, and
* Adheres to College/University policies and procedures and
conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set
out in the College/University's Code of Ethical Conduct, Compliance
Agreement, Sexual Harassment Policy or any of its policies and
procedures, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable
* Maintains regular and timely attendance, reports to work as
scheduled and as required to meet the needs of the
College/University and assures time worked and/or time-off is
* Exercises care, proper use and maintenance of department
equipment and supplies and identifies unsafe conditions and makes
* Maintains order, cleanliness and safety at work.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or
related field, or equivalent experience required.
* Master's degree or above in Computer Science or Information
* Generally 2-3 years of relevant experience required.
* Strong written and oral communication.
* Ability to manage multiple project and tasks simultaneously.
* Excellent customer service.
* Experience working with users developing business
* Have knowledge of database fundamentals and able to quickly shape
data into reporting.
* Working knowledge of SQL and complex databases structures.
* Experience building operational reports using tools like Power
BI, Tableau, etc.
* Experience designing, developing, implementing, and supporting
* Experience working in higher education.
* Experience working with Salesforce Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud,
or Service Cloud.
Job Type: Full-time
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Parental leave
* Referral program
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday
* High school or equivalent (Required)
* SQL: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Irvine, CA 92617%58047475%
Keywords: West Coast University, Irvine , Business Analyst-Operational Reporting (Hybrid), Advertising , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!