Pacific Symphony Senior Leadership Vice President of Marketing and Communications
Posted on: November 22, 2021
- Pacific Symphony Senior Leadership Vice President of Marketing
and Communications PS Pacific Symphony Senior Leadership Vice
President of Marketing and Communications --Reporting to the
President and CEO, the Vice President of Marketing and
Communications is a key strategic leader responsible for deepening
relations with audiences and community members through best in
class marketing and engagement strategies designed to increase and
exceed the Symphony's overall earned revenue goals. These
institutional goals will maximize the total household participation
and revenue through coordinated communication, recognition and
patron engagement tactics. In addition this the position supports
all branding, communications and PR needs for the organization. In
partnership with senior leadership, implement strategies to expand
to total patron revenue by supporting philanthropic messaging,
loyalty initiatives, direct mail and digital campaigns. The Vice
President of Marketing and Communications will Oversee a staff of
eight marketing and two public relations professionals and
collaborating with a Marketing and PR Committee of the Board.--
Described as a "major ensemble" by the New York Times after its
successful debut at Carnegie Hall in 2018, Pacific Symphony has
achieved significant stature during its 43-year history. Comprised
of musicians recruited internationally, Pacific Symphony has been
led by Music Director Carl St. Clair for 32 years and President and
CEO John Forsyte for 22 years. Together, they have built a
reputation for artistic innovation, thematic programming and
theatrically infused concerts. Founded in 1978, Pacific Symphony's
mission is to inspire, engage and serve Orange County and the
region through exceptional music performances, and education and
community programming. It has a vision to lead a renaissance in the
appreciation, accessibility and impact of classical music through
creativity, responsiveness and innovation. The Symphony presents
more than 100 concerts a year, engaging more than 250,000 diverse
Orange County residents in this vital art form - from school
children to senior citizens. Pacific Symphony's flexible and
innovative approach to the repertoire and its performances have
enabled the Symphony to offer musical experiences ranging from the
great orchestral masterworks to music from both new and established
composers. Pacific Symphony is known for its long-standing
commitment to contemporary American composers and has recorded
numerous new commissions and been featured on PBS Great
Performances. It celebrates cultural heritage in Orange County and
collaborates with musicians from many different traditions. The
Symphony is resident for much of the year at the Ren--e and Henry
Segerstrom Concert Hall, a 1980-seat venue designed by architect
Cesar Pelli with acoustics designed by the late Russell Johnson and
housing a stunning 4,322-pipe William J. Gillespie Concert Organ.
In addition, the Symphony also presents a summer outdoor series at
venues in Orange County. Principal Pops Conductor Richard Kaufman
presents the Pops season, which stars some of the world's leading
entertainers, and Assistant Conductor Dr. Jacob Sustaita presents
the popular "Musical Mornings" Family series, one of the largest
self-produced children's series of any US orchestra.-- DUTIES AND
REPONSIBILITIES: Brand and Mission Support:
- Develop strategies to expand the awareness of the Pacific
Symphony's mission and strengthen the brand throughout Orange
County, while collaborating with the Education and Community
Engagement team to serve more diverse communities and maximize
- Create and implement marketing and communication strategies to
elevate the viosboity of the Pacific Symphony brand promise and its
impact on the communitites it serves. Marketing:
- Develop new and innovative long-term marketing plans and
strategies that connect audiences to the artistic vision, while
driving the demand for ticket sales through the development of new
initiatives to effectively reach new audiences through social
media, internet, word-of-mouth, and marketing initiatives for
existing and new program offerings.
- Plan 2022-23 subscription, single ticket, group and public
relations campaigns in collaboration with staff and leadership.
Lead packaging, pricing and segmentation strategy to reach
audiences with relevant and timely messaging and ensure appropriate
measurement and tracking.
- Work with the Music Director, the senior leadership team, and
others to drive programming innovation to attract new, younger and
more diverse audiences, in alignment with the strategic plan;
develop an optimal schedule and structure for concert
- Effectively lead the marketing and communication team in all
respects, including hiring, professional development, and setting
the culture of collaboration and alignment.
- Analyze and evaluate existing and potential marketing
activities including research, sales, and audience development in
order to develop criteria to measure the efficiency and
effectiveness of marketing programs such as media advertising and
outreach, direct mail and renewal campaigns, telemarketing, call
center support, ticket sales and new subscriber activities.
- Collaborating with the Artistic Planning and Education and
Community Engagement teams, cultivate partnerships with education,
cultural and community-based organizations which advance diversity,
equity and inclusion goals of the Symphony.
- Develop pricing strategies and ticket prices for programs that,
along with attendance, enable the Pacific Symphony to meet earned
income goals and align with its values to remain accessible.
- In partnership with the Director of Communications, create and
oversee a publications and media realtions strategy including
online and print programs that advance public awareness, deepen
engagement with the insitution and foster brand storytelling.
- Serve as a spokesperson for the Symphony.
- Plan, develop and implement a holistic moves-management patron
strategy with the Executive Vice President and Chief Operating
Officer, and the Vice President of Development and External
Relations. These initiatives include integrated communications,
philanthropic messaging, case development and holistic
- Develop joint strategies with fund-raising colleagues to align
and optimize direct mail and other mass-marketing strategies;
support the execution of campaigns to grow donor base.
- Collaborate with executive vice president and chief operating
officer on budgeting and planning functions for all components of
the marketing department.
- In partnership with the development department, grow corporate
sponsorships and develop compelling benefit offerings, and leverage
corporate marketing reach to improve Pacific Symphony's visibility.
- Contribute to the collaborative, inclusive, and creative
culture of Pacific Symphony which advances programmatic innovation,
a nurturing work environment, optimizes the development of staff
and volunteer resources.
- Cultivate and nurture a marketing team of nine professionals
that welcomes diversity of thought and experiences, celebrates
successes and champions curiosity, creativity and innovation.
- Exemplify highly effective cross-functional collaboration.
- Contribute actively to strategic plan development with an eye
toward audience growth, diversity, and institutional relevance.
Requirements CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS:
- An outstanding track record for generating significant growth
in subscription and single ticket revenue for an arts
- Sophisticated marketing and branding experience, with a track
record of conceiving and implementing successful innovative
strategies including data mining to improve awareness, brand
loyalty, ticket sales, customer service experience, track
performance and distribution of media content.
- Passionate commitment to developing audiences for cultural
- A solid knowledge of and appreciation for the orchestral
repertoire is advantageous.
- Experience managing a complex marketing department while
maintaining an effective infrastructure with a substantial revenue
budget; demonstrated hands-on experience managing subscription
sales, and/or direct sales organizations that distribute tickets
through third parties, via the web or through alliance partners,
would be beneficial.
- Significant experience with public and media relations;
demonstrated ability to plan, organize and manage key functions of
communications, including cultivating and maintaining media
contacts, and developing and implementing public relations and
marketing strategies.-- SKILLS AND PERSONAL QUALITIES:
- A strategic thinker and storyteller who can analyze data,
capitalize on information, and develop a vision for the Symphony's
market position that is distinctive from its competitors;
- A strong campaign leader who can implement strategic marketing
initiatives and plans;
- An action-oriented catalyst who is confident, intelligent and
- A self-starter and finisher who is creative, energetic and
entrepreneurial, yet collaborative and team-oriented;
- Outgoing and straightforward; one who shares information
easily, listens as well as gives advice and respects the abilities
- Well-organized and deadline-oriented, with exceptional
attention to detail and follow-through; able to work both in
structured and planned environment, and in situations where rapid
response and instant decision-making is required;
- Emotionally mature and self-possessed; patient and tactful,
with a sense of humor and the sensitivity to work with diverse
- A person that listens well, earns the respect of and can
sensitively guide others. Job Information
- Job ID: 59845085
- Position Title: Pacific Symphony Senior Leadership Vice
President of Marketing and Communications
- Company Name: Pacific Symphony
- Job Function: Director of Marketing
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Duration: Indefinite
- Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
- Min Experience: 5-7 Years
- Required Travel: 0-10% Jobs You May Like A Product Marketing
Manager Arcules Remote or Irvine,CA,United States A Product
Marketing Manager Arcules Remote or Irvine,CA,United States Product
Marketing Manager Arcules Irvine,CA,United States Product Sales
Specialist: Maternal Infant Care...
Keywords: Verizon, Irvine , Pacific Symphony Senior Leadership Vice President of Marketing and Communications, Advertising , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!