Senior Manager, RA Advertising and Promotion
Company: AbbVie, Inc.
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Senior Manager, RA Advertising and Promotion
- Irvine, United States of America
- Research and Development
- 2115866 Job Description About AbbVie
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines
that solve serious health issues today and address the medical
challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on
people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology,
oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and
gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its
Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie,
please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter ,
Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The Senior Manager Regulatory Affairs US Advertising and Promotion,
combines knowledge of scientific, regulatory and business issues to
enable products that are developed, manufactured or distributed to
meet required legislation. Additionally, the individual develops
and supervises regulatory professionals as needed. Supports the
Director in efforts to influence the regulatory environment. Has
department/group/site level influence and is generally recognized
as an expert and resource and leads the department as a subject
matter expert (SME) for Regulatory. Shares knowledge and expertise
with others in support of team activities. Analyzes broad scope
implications of changing regulations and policies.
- Proactively captures and disseminates activities of government,
industry, and trade associations that impact pharmaceutical
regulatory policies relative to AbbVie's interests. Maintains
awareness of pending changes to communicate impact and relevance
within Regulatory Operations. Drafts and finalizes comments in a
timely manner, to regulators and trade associations. Distributes
proposed policies to SMEs. Highlights key points in clear and
- Represents department and participates in trade associations as
needed. Develops good working relationships with trade association
- Summarizes findings, under supervision, in concise reports for
distribution within AbbVie
- Oversees the operations productivity and development of
assigned regulatory staff that are responsible for ensuring that
advertising and promotion materials are accurate, competitive and
compliant with internal policies. Code of Federal Regulations
(CFR), FDA guidance documents, PhRMA Guiding Principles, and the
FDA and cosmetic Act.
- Develops and guides implementation strategies for promotional
- Broadly applies regulatory/technical knowledge of government
regulations and skills across therapeutic areas.
- Ensures departmental training and compliance with established
regulations, guidance's, promotional guidelines and SOPs related to
advertising and promotion regulations for self and direct reports.
Manages direct reports and assist in the development, training and
mentoring of staff members
- Effectively presents pertinent information to appropriate
- Effectively delivers difficult messages to commercial
organization without damage to relationships
- Establishes solid relationships with management and key
stakeholders (Marketing, Medical, Clinical, Legal, Sales Training,
Managed Care, Public Affairs, etc.) fostering mutually beneficial
interactions and exchange.
- Bachelor's degree in science (biology, chemistry, microbiology
immunology, medical technology pharmacy, pharmacology, nursing,
- Relevant Master's degree (Pharmacy, advanced scientific or law)
- 7 years pharmaceutical experience in Regulatory Affairs or
related area preferred
- Experience working in a complex and matrix environment and
exhibits strong negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience in management capacity preferred
- Experience in US Regulatory Affairs Advertising and Promotion
Significant Work Activities
Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse
backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients.
As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex
(including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical
condition, genetic information gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or
any other legally protected characteristic.
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online)
thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending
you "phishing" messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself
from phishing scams. Click here to find out how you can avoid being
a victim of job phishing scams.
Keywords: AbbVie, Inc., Irvine , Senior Manager, RA Advertising and Promotion, Advertising , Irvine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!